Win Streak Needed

CyggyMarlin

Phillies are currently leading Colorado 6-3 in the 7th of today's game...They will be a game behind the Marlins...They seem to be clicking into gear right now while the Marlins keep sputtering and stopping...If the Marlins don't get a win streak going, the defending World Champs will fall outta first...This team has some issues to resolve and they need to do it quickly...The Phillies are playing like they want the division right now

It's a long season. I seriously doubt we would be in the driver's seat all season. This is going to be a close, tough race. But Philly does not match up well with us. They will have to knock us out to take this thing.

I dont like how Beckett seems to be mired in mediocrity. And I would like for us to be a little more consistent in who we play and where in the order they bat. But it is a long season - way too early to panic.

The Phillies have always done well against the West. Last year only the Giants and Braves had better records against the NL West. Also they haven't faced the Braves or Dodgers yet. Eric Milton will go back to sucking once teams have seen him pitch, much like how teams have hit better against Willis the second and third time.

I'm not too concerned with them. We've got to concentrate on ou own opponents. As long we continue to play .500 or better ball we'll be in contention come the July trading season.