King Arthur

Guest Juanky

Guest Juanky

With all this talk now about Troy I'm recalling a trailer I saw before for the movie King Arthur. For anyone else that has seen the trailor, are you bothered too by their armor?

With all this talk now about Troy I'm recalling a trailer I saw before for the movie King Arthur. For anyone else that has seen the trailor, are you bothered too by their armor?

I'm bothered by the fact that they're trying to act like this actually happened. The REAL King Arthur was Charlemagne. If you're going to try and pass of something as THE REAL story of King Arthur (or whatever the clever tag-line is) show Charlemagne (but Charlemagne doesn't draw well).

I'm not a big fan of Bruckheimer movies anyway, so put this one on my won't see list. I'm kind of disappointed in movies in general this summer. Atop of my will suck list are: I, Robot, Stepford Wives (WHY REMAKE A GOOD MOVIE, WHY!?), King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table and Catwoman. IT just looks like a really bad year outside of independant films for movies with substance...

I'm bothered by the fact that they're trying to act like this actually happened. The REAL King Arthur was Charlemagne. If you're going to try and pass of something as THE REAL story of King Arthur (or whatever the clever tag-line is) show Charlemagne (but Charlemagne doesn't draw well).

I'm not a big fan of Bruckheimer movies anyway, so put this one on my won't see list. I'm kind of disappointed in movies in general this summer. Atop of my will suck list are: I, Robot, Stepford Wives (WHY REMAKE A GOOD MOVIE, WHY!?), King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table and Catwoman. IT just looks like a really bad year outside of independant films for movies with substance... I've read that Arthur was a leader for the Celtic peoples who rebelled against the Saxons. That would make sense for a man that seemed bigger than he's recorded by history to be to be just a creation of a community's dreams.

I'm not a big fan of Bruckheimer movies anyway, so put this one on my won't see list. I'm kind of disappointed in movies in general this summer. Atop of my will suck list are: I, Robot, Stepford Wives (WHY REMAKE A GOOD MOVIE, WHY!?), King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table and Catwoman. IT just looks like a really bad year outside of independant films for movies with substance... I've read that Arthur was a leader for the Celtic peoples who rebelled against the Saxons. That would make sense for a man that seemed bigger than he's recorded by history to be to be just a creation of a community's dreams. I'm pretty sure that was William Wallace you're talking about.

Thank god for Gainesville's Hippodrome. Indy and foreign films.

Ours is called the Drexel. They rule!

On the history note:

It's possible that Arthur is the one to rebel against the Saxons. Interesting thing is, the "history" of Arthur consist of him fighting the Romans and reunifying Eastern Europe. So, it's more likely moreso Charlemagne than the English Arthur of which you speak (at least from a historical sense).

But, I'm also sure it's a mix of both. Because isn't Arhur protrayed as English usually? I've also read Le Morte D'Arthur (written in prison, author's major work, I believe he died sometime later) and I think the REAL original AUTHENTIC Arthur (the legend) as written in the book by Sir Thomas Mallory is German. I could be wrong, however. I've also heard legends that Arthur is buried on the English coast and is to rise up and lead the English agaisnt a great tyranny.

So, who knows? Lotta' conflicting stories and history.

Great?

Gene Wilder made that movie what it was as did the sets for the time period.

The other acting is horrid...I watched it last night and saw how bad the acting was.

You can't go against Johnny Depp...he is the next great actor, and he doesn't sign up for everything that comes his way. What's the last bad movie he did?

Can't wait for Willy Wonka.

Great?

Gene Wilder made that movie what it was as did the sets for the time period.

The other acting is horrid...I watched it last night and saw how bad the acting was.

You can't go against Johnny Depp...he is the next great actor, and he doesn't sign up for everything that comes his way. What's the last bad movie he did?

Can't wait for Willy Wonka.

OK, so maybe it wasn't great but its a solid movie that doesn't need to be remade. I just don't like remakes and unneccesary sequels altogether. I wish Hollywood would have some creativity.

Well, Man of La Mancha would have been a stinker, but the documentary is GREAT!

I thought Dead Man and Timeline (I'm not sure that's the correct title) were great Johnny Depp movies either. Also, I didn't like Pirates of the Caribbean. Other than that, Depp rules! Oh, Seventh Sign sucked, too. I still like Depp, it just depends on the director he's paired with.

And I believe Tim Burtoin's directing it, so... :thumbup But I admit, I am adamantly against remakes.

I just can't decide!

True they dont have any creativity (sequels rule everything right now) but I just see WW as being excelent.

Im also looking forward to:

Shrek 2

Anchorman

War Of The Worlds (2006)

Curious George (2005)

King Kong (2005)

Mad Max: Fury Road (2005)

I'm still waiting on Boondock Saints 2, it's supposed to be released sometime soon.

2!? 2!? 2!?

Man, the original was so good, considering it flew under the radar of everyone. And if Willem Dafoe isn't it then I officially fire that movie.

I've read that Arthur was a leader for the Celtic peoples who rebelled against the Saxons. That would make sense for a man that seemed bigger than he's recorded by history to be to be just a creation of a community's dreams.

I'm pretty sure that was William Wallace you're talking about. Nah, that was much later.

I'm still waiting on Boondock Saints 2, it's supposed to be released sometime soon.

2!? 2!? 2!?

Man, the original was so good, considering it flew under the radar of everyone. And if Willem Dafoe isn't it then I officially fire that movie. Defoe was the s*** in that movie.