New Polls

Wow, the low numbers for Rumsfeld's resigning are kind of surprising...

Am I the only one upset about these numbers with the gay marriage topic? People need to hurry up and evolve.

Sadly its an improvement. Take a look at the age brackets though. All we need is some more old people to die off.

Am I the only one upset about these numbers with the gay marriage topic? People need to hurry up and evolve.

Sadly its an improvement. Take a look at the age brackets though. All we need is some more old people to die off. cruel.

and true.

kerry would support a gay marriage ban ammendment.

Not true...

?We need to guarantee equal rights and civil rights and say that, here in America, workers have the right to organize -- women have the right to choose - and justice belongs to everyone regardless of race or gender or sexual orientation.?

- John Kerry

I think he would rather leave it up to the States to decide than to mess with the constitutional rights.

kerry would support a gay marriage ban ammendment.

Not true...

?We need to guarantee equal rights and civil rights and say that, here in America, workers have the right to organize -- women have the right to choose - and justice belongs to everyone regardless of race or gender or sexual orientation.?

- John Kerry

I think he would rather leave it up to the States to decide than to mess with the constitutional rights.It's not a moral issue anyway. It's purely economic. Kerry will understand this and ban it federally too should he win in November.

Kerry would make a ban. He said publically he wants that in his state and him NOT being a man in favor of state rights would hop at the oppurtunity to impose his ideology on others. I think he said he SUPPORTED the constitutional ban.

John Kerry on Gay rights

John Kerry believes that same-sex couples should be granted rights, including access to pensions, health insurance, family medical leave, bereavement leave, hospital visitation, survivor benefits, and other basic legal protections that all families and children need. He has supported legislation to provide domestic partners of federal employees the benefits available to spouses of federal employees. He was one of 14 Senators -- and the only one up for reelection in 1996 -- to oppose the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA).

John Kerry supports same-sex civil unions so that gay couples can benefit from the health benefits, inheritance rights, or Social Security survivor benefits guaranteed for heterosexual couples.

Kerry will understand this and ban it federally too should he win in November.

think he said he SUPPORTED the constitutional ban.

Please back these up. When did Kerry say he supports a Constitutional ban on gay marriages? Why would he do so for economics?Read my post up... I got it from Kerry's Website.

His assertions are baseless.

You do realize that marriage is a religous ceremony?

IMO, being an atheist and getting married is like wearing a turban if you're not Muslim. Makes you look pretty ridiculous, in my opinion.

It's even more ridiculous that we've got gay marriages now.

I don't even want to imagine what we'll have in another 10 years. This country is going down the hole, quick. :thumbdown

Am I the only one upset about these numbers with the gay marriage topic?? People need to hurry up and evolve.

IMO, being an atheist and getting married is like wearing a turban if you're not Muslim. Makes you look pretty ridiculous, in my opinion.

I don't even want to imagine what we'll have in another 10 years. This country is going down the hole, quick. :thumbdown This country is going down the hole because of the small-minded who are bigoted against gays and not giving them the same rights as straight couples.

Marriage isn't religious at all when it comes to tax breaks, etc. I know tons of atheists who get married, so what? There's more than one kind of ceremony. Or did you know that Christians aren't the only ones who get married?

Climb out of your hole and look at the real world every once in awhile.

Am I the only one upset about these numbers with the gay marriage topic?? People need to hurry up and evolve.

I don't even want to imagine what we'll have in another 10 years. This country is going down the hole, quick. :thumbdown This country is going down the hole because of the small-minded who are bigoted against gays and not giving them the same rights as straight couples.

Marriage isn't religious at all when it comes to tax breaks, etc. I know tons of atheists who get married, so what? There's more than one kind of ceremony. Or did you know that Christians aren't the only ones who get married?

Climb out of your hole and look at the real world every once in awhile. I work, interact, and hang with gays on a daily basis. They're some of the nicest people I know and I thouroughly enjoy spending time with them. I look at them the same I look at a straight person. I'm in no hole. :cool

FYI, I support gays getting ALL the rights and tax breaks of a marriage, but NOT the term marriage.

It gives me quite a chuckle when a lib generalizes anyone against gay marriage as a "bigot."

Isn't that what you're trying to combat? Generalizations, stereotypes, etc? :shifty

What a bigot.

So, blacks probably shouldn't go to school with white people either?

That "I know (insert group name here)" holds no water. Marriage doesn't mean anything in the eyes of anyone but Uncle Sam and the poeople who do it. Does Gays getting married ruin marriage? Hell no. How does it affect you if gays get married?

Your argument holds no water just because you "know" someone.

EVOLVE

if marriage were truly as religious as people make it out to be.....

divorce rates wouldnt be so high and marriages could only be performed in a church type setting.

sorry.

Great points! Marriage IS religious, but obviously no one cares about the origin and the definition, as we have divorce being such an easy way out of it, as well as abortion being used as a money saving birth control method.

divorce rates wouldnt be so high and marriages could only be performed in a church type setting.

sorry.

Great points! Marriage IS religious, but obviously no one cares about the origin and the definition, as we have divorce being such an easy way out of it, as well as abortion being used as a money saving birth control method. exactly....

so we are simply looking at the word of marriage.

if you are going ot make it a civil union for gays....you might as well make it a civil union for hetrosexuals.

let the term 'marriage' remain in religious circles then.

but heterosexuals wouldnt go for that.

life. deal with it.

as long as gays dont bother me...i'm cool with them. a constitutional amendment supporting the denial of rights will never pass anyway.

What a bigot.

So, blacks probably shouldn't go to school with white people either?

That "I know (insert group name here)" holds no water. Marriage doesn't mean anything in the eyes of anyone but Uncle Sam and the poeople who do it. Does Gays getting married ruin marriage? Hell no. How does it affect you if gays get married?

Your argument holds no water just because you "know" someone.

EVOLVE

I love going to school with blacks. The beauty of America is the fact that it's one big melting pot. There's no place in the world like it. :thumbup

My argument holds no water?

If I'm a bigot, why do I converse, not argue, about my views on gay marriage with gays themselves, and they still love me just as I love them? I did not simply say "I know" someone. I am great friends with every gay person I know.

A bigot would not have the same openness that I do.

Does it affect me getting married? Well, dare I say yes? It's my religion and my beliefs being slapped across the face. Do YOU care about EVERYONE'S rights, or just the ones that are opposite of the right-wings beliefs?

sorry.

Great points! Marriage IS religious, but obviously no one cares about the origin and the definition, as we have divorce being such an easy way out of it, as well as abortion being used as a money saving birth control method.It's not that nobody cares, it's just we're a more secularized society and those biblical origins aren't as relevant as they once were (kind of like religion in general; well, except for Buddhism, that religion rules!).

sorry.

Great points! Marriage IS religious, but obviously no one cares about the origin and the definition, as we have divorce being such an easy way out of it, as well as abortion being used as a money saving birth control method. exactly....

so we are simply looking at the word of marriage.

if you are going ot make it a civil union for gays....you might as well make it a civil union for hetrosexuals.

let the term 'marriage' remain in religious circles then.

but heterosexuals wouldnt go for that.

life. deal with it.

as long as gays dont bother me...i'm cool with them. a constitutional amendment supporting the denial of rights will never pass anyway. Das Texan, great points. You think with your brain and I respect that. :thumbup

The good news to me is that after about 10 years the majority opinion will favor gay marriage. All we need is a few old geezers to die off.

Ken, true religion died a very long time ago. So very precious few people truly hold to the ideals that Christ, buddha, whoever espoused that I find it laughable when people claim to be religious.

I also wanted to say I appreciate your input on this board. We all come from different backgrounds and different idealogies, so its always interesting for me to see them all hashed out in this place. Sometimes its tough to keep an open mind no matter what side your ideas reside.