Did anyone see "Meet the Press"?

Dancin'_Homer

On yesterday's "Meet the Press," Colin Powell was Russert's guest and had agreed to a 10 minute interview (Powell was in Jordan). Apparently, after the 10 minutes were up, one of Powell's aid just reached up and turned the camera away from Powell, mumbling something about the 10 minutes being up and that NBC could just edit an ending. I'm not a real fan of this adminstration, but Powell handled himself with grace and tact, scolding the aid for her behavior. The interview continued and Russert completed his questioning.

Okay, so at what point is it permissable then to start taking them to task for what seems increasingly likely to be misinformation and fabrications that justified going to war?

Anyone buying yellow-cake uranium from niger? Oh well wait, let's wait a decade to investigate because we can never be completely sure....

Now yesterday the white house admits it was basically hoodwinked when it trusted the claims of an Iraqi defector about WMD info & sites. Nevermind the fact that this defector had been deemed "unreliable" by the CIA months earlier. The administration knew that publicizing his claims would back support for the war.

Knight-Ridder link

Forget accountability, insist anything you want. By the time people find out whether it was true or not, they'll be long gone from the white house.

bush white house = no accountability.

Tonyi, you are simply wrong. I can pull out QUOTATIONS for you if you please. Powell said "we know" that weapons are in this area, which they were supposedly burried...he even added that we monitor the area very closely, on a daily basis I believe. So, why weren't these weapons unearthed? Because he lied...furthermore, his distoritons concerning Al Qaeda, uranium and ect are enough to brand him a liar. Premature? Hardly.

Tonyi, you are simply wrong. I can pull out QUOTATIONS for you if you please. Powell said "we know" that weapons are in this area, which they were supposedly burried...he even added that we monitor the area very closely, on a daily basis I believe. So, why weren't these weapons unearthed? Because he lied...furthermore, his distoritons concerning Al Qaeda, uranium and ect are enough to brand him a liar. Premature? Hardly.

Did he lie, or was he just wrong?

Well, he lied by saying "we know" he didn't say, "well, i was told to say." He's a military man, he saw "the intelligence" with even better resolution and background info and still said blatantly wrong information. So yes, he said thingsa that he did not know were true that were lies and therefore lied.

Lastly, didn't powell say "this is bullsh*t" three days before the speech, but then gave it anyway.