MORE CHANGES COMING?

MORE CHANGES COMING?

Since an unconventional lineup produced a win Sunday, McKeon is promising more surprises for Tuesday. But he said he hasn't decided what they'll be.

''I'm going to think about it and see what way I want to go,'' he said. ``I've got to debate it and kick it around in my head.''

Lenny Harris, who had a hit in his first start of the season Sunday, could find himself back out there. When McKeon managed Harris in Cincinnati, the Reds went into a slump that prompted McKeon to start Harris, baseball's all-time pinch-hits leader, in the outfield. The Reds won, so Harris continued to start.

'He finally came to me and said, `Skip, what are you trying to do? Kill me?' '' McKeon said.

Lenny was great...he reached base a bunch of times and I liked Castillo in the 6 hole. Maybe his next move is batting Willis 8th in front of Sea bass, Billy the Marlin DH'ing when interleague play starts or giving Cabs jumbo novelty sun glasses to wear in the field :p

Just because it worked one time dosent mean that its going to work again.

But you cant blame Jack for thinking about doing it again because it worked....

But I dont think that its going to work all the time...

One thing that would help a little is atleast putting Luis Castillo in the 2nd spot instead of the 6th spot.

And Harris deserves more playing time.

One thing that would help a little is atleast putting Luis Castillo in the 2nd spot instead of the 6th spot.

Luis was batting 6th because Easley was scratched from the lineup late and it could not be changed.

Luis was batting 6th because Easley was scratched from the lineup late and it could not be changed. I understand that but thats not my point.

The thing is that Luis and JP are the best #1 and #2 hitters...how can they both be in the same lineup and not be next to each other?

Yeah Luis did good...but he did good because he is a good hitter. Good hitters will get hits no matter where you put them. Its just better to put them in places where their hits will be better. And Luis dosent have a lot of power so he should be in the #2 spot where he could get on base for the players behind him who have power to drive him in. But he dosent have enough power expecially when he bats lefty to be in the #6 spot.

Luis was batting 6th because Easley was scratched from the lineup late and it could not be changed. Not true.

Harris was notified of the start on Saturday evening...he wasn't a last minute addition.

McKeon put Castillo in the 6th spot to add some life to the back end of the line-up. He was tired of seeing so many K's in the 6-8 spots.

Luis was batting 6th because Easley was scratched from the lineup late and it could not be changed. Not true.

Harris was notified of the start on Saturday evening...he wasn't a last minute addition.

McKeon put Castillo in the 6th spot to add some life to the back end of the line-up. He was tired of seeing so many K's in the 6-8 spots. Well our whole batting order has been having trouble....we have been having trouble scoring runs.

Luis could have been able to score more times if he would be in the part of the batting order where they havent been that bad.

When your having trouble scoring runs you take runs however you can get them and you would have a better chance at scoring runs if Luis would be in the #2 spot instead of teh #6 spot.

McKeon put Castillo in the 6th spot to add some life to the back end of the line-up. He was tired of seeing so many K's in the 6-8 spots. What does Harris have to do with Luiy replacing Easley in the lineup?

McKeon put Castillo in the 6th spot to add some life to the back end of the line-up. He was tired of seeing so many K's in the 6-8 spots. What does Harris have to do with Luiy replacing Easley in the lineup? Easley was not a last minute scratch. It was Jack's plan to put Harris 2nd and Castillo 6th from the start.

ST. LOUIS -- About 90 minutes before Sunday's game, Damion Easley looked at manager Jack McKeon's lineup and smiled. It was probably all he could do to keep from laughing.

Luis Castillo batting sixth? Lenny Harris batting second and starting in left field?

ST. LOUIS ? Manager Jack McKeon delivered on his promise for a creative lineup Sunday.

The most striking feature of the batting order that helped beat the Cardinals 3-2 in the series finale was Luis Castillo in the six spot. Lenny Harris played left and batted in Castillo's usual No. 2 hole.

"When I saw it at first I didn't think I was playing," Castillo said. "I saw Lenny hitting second."

Castillo entered the game with 1,892 at-bats, only one of which had come as a No. 6 hitter.

McKeon's goal was to inject a little more contact into the bottom part of the order. Entering Sunday's game, the Marlins' six-eight hitters had accounted for 38.1 percent of the team's 215 non-pitcher strikeouts.

I think in the end Luis will be batting 2nd, however, I do like him currently in the bottom of the order, the bottom of the Marlins lineup needs a spark, they need some life, just look at JP he had an RBI situation and came through, JP could have so many more RBIs if people got on base with him batting...Jack knows what he is doing and in Jack I trust.

GO MARLINS !!!!!!!!!!!!

I think in the end Luis will be batting 2nd, however, I do like him currently in the bottom of the order, the bottom of the Marlins lineup needs a spark, they need some life, just look at JP he had an RBI situation and came through, JP could have so many more RBIs if people got on base with him batting...Jack knows what he is doing and in Jack I trust.

GO MARLINS !!!!!!!!!!!!

JP gets on base a lot.

So it's very important that you put a god hitter behind him.

Because you will score a lot more runs that way-because they will be able to drive in JP a lot of times.

And I think Luis is worthy of being that hitter who bats behind JP.