Catchers Masks

Accord

Guest Juanky

As a catcher, I used to love the old mask. But now I use the new mask because it's more comfortable, doesn't leave the top of your head all red, is lighter, stronger, and just overall awesome. Expensive though :confused

For being a catcher myself i think it is more useful using the older 2 piece masks. It is both cheaper and easier to take off your head on a pop fly. The newer ones also have an advantage because it is safer and easier to keep on your head. So you dont have to take off your mask on any plays.

Well i use the newer ones because high school rules state you must wear them and because my school provides it for us. (they give the starting and backup catchers free masks :D )

Guest Juanky

For what it's worth, I personally think it's easier to go on and off with the new mask than the old mask, because you only need one hand to operate the new mask while with the old mask you needed your glove hand to hold the mask while you put it on and then strap it with your right.

Yeah, the old one looks better and is cheaper. But the new mask has it in everything else.