Byung Hyun Kim

we dont want any of them u can keep them..Penny right now is a top 10 pitcher in the majors without a doubt

Pavano can replace Penny, AJ can replace Pavano's spot, and Lowe can replace Oliver.

SP1: Beckett

SP2: AJ

SP3: Willis

SP4: Pavano

SP5: Lowe

Then we have a great hitting Catcher and a decent bullpen guy.

I'd be sad to see Penny go, but for a good hitting catcher, another starter, and a decent BP guy, I wouldn't be too sad.

He is damn good.

I could see the Sox giving up a lot for Penny including Varitek, Loew, and Kim...and I'm not joking.

No way in hell. Pavano will be a FA, not Penny.

Varitek will be a FA and I believe he is represented by Scott Boras. No thanks...

Kim is extremely overpaid. No thanks...

Lowe is overrated and will be a FA. No thanks...

He is damn good.

I could see the Sox giving up a lot for Penny including Varitek, Loew, and Kim...and I'm not joking.

Varitek will be a FA and I believe he is represented by Scott Boras. No thanks...

Lowe is overrated and will be a FA. No thanks... The Fish will bite with Pavano....

But The Sox wil only give Lowe and Kim...

He is damn good.

Lowe is overrated and will be a FA. No thanks... The Fish will bite with Pavano....

But The Sox wil only give Lowe and Kim... They'd have to pay a lot of Kim's contract then. I think the only player on our team that makes more than Kim next year is Mike Lowell. If we wouldn't pay 4 million for Urbina, there is no way in hell we'd pay the 4 million this year and 6 million next year for Kim. We could probably spend that 6 million to resign Pavano.

Theo might give away Kim this year for free.

He is a curse in himself.

Yeah, but the problem is the only teams that would be willing to pay his salary are the Red Sox and Yanks. I don't see him being traded without the Sox paying a large portion of his contract. I'd love to have him, but only for about a million a year.

Yeah, but the problem is the only teams that would be willing to pay his salary are the Red Sox and Yanks. I don't see him being traded without the Sox paying a large portion of his contract. I'd love to have him, but only for about a million a year. Dont listen to me guys....Id be drooling about just about any trade getting Kim off our hands.... :confused

Yeah, but the problem is the only teams that would be willing to pay his salary are the Red Sox and Yanks. I don't see him being traded without the Sox paying a large portion of his contract. I'd love to have him, but only for about a million a year. Dont listen to me guys....Id be drooling about just about any trade getting Kim off our hands.... :confused The Red Sox are my favorite non-Florida based baseball team. I know where you are coming from. :lol

Pavano is the only free agent from the starting rotation next year and well Oliver but he doesn count.

Penny is up for arbritration if I'm correct. I wouldnt trade Penny for that trade mentioned above thats crazy.

Two 4 month rentals and an overpaided reliever for a future stud pitcher.

No thanks, I'll pass.

Dont listen to me guys....Id be drooling about just about any trade getting Kim off our hands.... :confused

Someone rhetorically asked if Theo wouldn't eat some of A-Rod's deal, why would he eat some of Kim's, but I'm going to answer it.

A-Rod makes $25+ Million a year, Kim makes $4 and 6 Mill. That's why. They don't want that money in triple-A, even if they have to pay half to get rid of it. Why? Because if he's in triple-A, it's dead money. It's useless. They're going to try and get rid of it as hard as they can, and they're going to take what they can get (granted, if they eat half of the deal, a few teams will be looking into this).

Dont listen to me guys....Id be drooling about just about any trade getting Kim off our hands.... :confused

Someone rhetorically asked if Theo wouldn't eat some of A-Rod's deal, why would he eat some of Kim's, but I'm going to answer it.

A-Rod makes $25+ Million a year, Kim makes $4 and 6 Mill. That's why. They don't want that money in triple-A, even if they have to pay half to get rid of it. Why? Because if he's in triple-A, it's dead money. It's useless. They're going to try and get rid of it as hard as they can, and they're going to take what they can get (granted, if they eat half of the deal, a few teams will be looking into this). I still wouldn't trade Pavano in the deal. I think a Darren Oliver/Valdez (that SS prospect) for Kim would be good if we could get his contract down to about 2 million a year. Otherwise, screw it.

I think a deal involving Kim could happen later in the year once AJ is back and healthy, but I have a feeling another team would be involved. How about this deal:

Boston

Benson (P)

Valdez (our minor league prospect)

Pittsburg

Castro

Nunez

Other prospects from FL and Boston

Us

Kendall (with Pitt picking up quite a big of his salary)

Kim (Boston must pick up enough to get it down to 2 or 3 million a year)

Damn, I'm bored. Studying for the bar sucks lol.

A-Rod makes $25+ Million a year, Kim makes $4 and 6 Mill. That's why. They don't want that money in triple-A, even if they have to pay half to get rid of it. Why? Because if he's in triple-A, it's dead money. It's useless. They're going to try and get rid of it as hard as they can, and they're going to take what they can get (granted, if they eat half of the deal, a few teams will be looking into this). I still wouldn't trade Pavano in the deal. I think a Darren Oliver/Valdez (that SS prospect) for Kim would be good if we could get his contract down to about 2 million a year. Otherwise, screw it.

I think a deal involving Kim could happen later in the year once AJ is back and healthy, but I have a feeling another team would be involved. How about this deal:

Boston

Benson (P)

Pittsburg

Castro

Nunez

Us

Damn, I'm bored. Studying for the bar sucks lol. Trading our SS prospect when our current SS really blows? Aren't you the Renteria believer? @_@

And the Pirate have seen what Castro can offer. NOTHING. No one wants him anymore. Especially not Pittsburgh where he was accused of rape.

Boston

Benson (P)

Pittsburg

Castro

Nunez

Us

Damn, I'm bored. Studying for the bar sucks lol. Trading our SS prospect when our current SS really blows? Aren't you the Renteria believer? @_@

And the Pirate have seen what Castro can offer. NOTHING. No one wants him anymore. Especially not Pittsburgh where he was accused of rape. Yeah, I think we have a shot at landing Renteria. I swear I read that Valdez is about the same age as Gonzo. If he hasn't got here by now, I'm not holding my breath that he can replace Gonzo anytime soon.

I think they were interested in Castro last year after he was accused of rape. I don't think that would stop Pitt from making a trade if they could unload Benson and Kendall if they could get several propects they like.