6/4 Athletics vs Marlins

Marlins snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Oakland lets them right back into the game, and they couldn't take it.

They got back in the game in the 7th inning on ONE HIT. Then with the go-ahead run on 3rd base still with NO ONE OUT they couldn't even manage a sac fly. Pudge and Lowell strike out. Terrible.

Then Pudge lets his what, his 15th passed ball by? A's runner goes to scoring position, then they take the lead on a single. There's your 10 million dollar hall-of-famer! Not to mention the wild throw to 1st base that led to runs scored earlier in the game.

Pudge stinks.

the O isnt there

the D isnt there

damn :banghead

Lowell has been unreal, and when he isnt getting a hit, players like Pudge and DLee need to step it up....we dont need them to hit when 'everyone' hits..... we need them to STEP UP OR ELSE ITS OVER

This was the un-clutch Marlins rearing their ugly head again today. Spoony gets the loss.

One of the problems today was that the Marlins had 8 hits....but ALL were singles. Plenty of things to look at here....8 walks by the pitching staff.....Redman walks in a run... Pudge drives in a run but allows 2 with defensive mistakes. One of Florida's uglier games if you ask me, and yet they still had an excellent chance to win it.

Fish fall to 13 games back. :banghead

that's the only good that came from today...

the Marlins kept fighting back.....

and you know what?... A's reliever Corey Bradford(pitched that 7th inning) is a hell of a pitcher, and especially with that side armed throwing action....

what i am saying, excuse the unclutchness and think that if Pudge isnt an idiot behind the plate, we are still playing.....PUDGE IS WALKING ON THIN ICE IN MY BOOK

But when it counted they couldn't come through. Bradford is a very good pitcher, but how about making contact at least? That's the go-ahead run right there! Heck, Pierre would have been able to squeeze bunt himself in if it was possible.

Agreed, hate to put this kind of pressure on Willis again, but the kid has come through so far..

no Josh.

they had the WIN IF THEY MAKE CONTACT..... Lowell wont come thru everytime, Pudge and DLee need to pick him up...

oh, and i love this

The A's scored three runs in the second, aided by a two-base throwing error by Rodriguez. The All-Star catcher tried to pick off Ramon Hernandez at first base and instead threw wildly.

:banghead :angry

I'm getting a little wary of Pudge's snap throw to first base. Yeah, early on in spring training I did all the "oohs and ahhs" at how cool it looks. But hw many times has it worked, 3 or 4 times tops the whole season? And he's thrown the ball away at least twice in games I've watched. Is it really worth it?

I guess times when a pitcher isn't doing squat to hold runners on (like Spooney at times and also Penny) it keeps runners honest... But it's usually a two-base throwing error if it goes wild.