The Hour of Hate is About to Begin

Guest Moneyball

hank goldberg made a comment on how uneducated so fl baseball fans are.

*glares at hank goldberg picture*

:censored :stare

Guest Juanky

Yeah, South Florida fans make up the majority of the most intelligent and best major league message board on the internet.

We're really dumb.

I bet I know more about baseball in my sleep than Hank does with the Baseball Almanac staring him in the face. That fat slob should stick to horse racing, he isn't good enough for human sports.

Guest Moneyball

I bet I know more about baseball in my sleep than Hank does with the Baseball Almanac staring him in the face. That fat slob should stick to horse racing, he isn't good enough for human sports.

*calls booky and places $500.00 bet on juanky*

Yeah, South Florida fans make up the majority of the most intelligent and best major league message board on the internet.

We're really dumb.

In fairness, he was commenting about the calls for Gonzalez to sit being stupid, saying that you win more with solid defense up the middle than with a .280 something hitter who is an average defender.

I think it was a fair comment.

You sit a slumping bat. I don't care how great he is defensively, if he's slumping, you sit him for a game or two. And I'm sure Jack doesn't have a problem benching him if he starts struggling again. You can't count on one thing to keep you in the majors. You ofetn hear the term 5 tool player. Alex is like a 1/2 tool player.

EDIT: When I said 1/2 player, I was just exaggerating.

Guest Moneyball

Hank has a point.

He was refering to the fans being unapreciatative of Gonzo's glove at SS. and wanting him to be benched due to lack of offensive production.

but he shouldn't be the one making that type of comment. if it came from boog sciambie, tommy hutton or someone that knows something about baseball then you can say it. but not some idiot which tomorrow will be complaining on something about the marlins. todays show was just for ratings.

go back to talking about the dolphins and stay out of baseball, hank.

Guest Juanky

I don't think the calls to sit Alex Gonzalez are that unfair, when you have a player that is capable defensively and superior offensively in Damian Easley waiting in the wings. People aren't calling for a permanent change (well, Fish Fillet is), just some spots starts here and there.

I personally don't agree with the people who want Gonzalez benched but when the offense is struggling (not the case right now) I don't see a problem with it, and also Alex is hitting now regardless. It isn't like the fans are calling in unison for Miguel to play short, or for us to trade for Nomar.

Hank is an idiot. Plain and Simple.

Hank has a point.

He was refering to the fans being unapreciatative of Gonzo's glove at SS. and wanting him to be benched due to lack of offensive production.

but he shouldn't be the one making that type of comment. if it came from boog sciambie, tommy hutton or someone that knows something about baseball then you can say it. but not some idiot which tomorrow will be complaining on something about the marlins. todays show was just for ratings.

go back to talking about the dolphins and stay out of baseball, hank. on that, I agree with you 100%

You sit a slumping bat. I don't care how great he is defensively, if he's slumping, you sit him for a game or two. And I'm sure Jack doesn't have a problem benching him if he starts struggling again. You can't count on one thing to keep you in the majors. You ofetn hear the term 5 tool player. Alex is like a 1/2 tool player.

What's with your sig? Now your on Agon bandwagon? Wasn't he front and center on your Suck Squad picture just a week ago or whatever?

Guest Juanky

Cuidado. Alex is a three tool player.

Guest Moneyball

*off topic*

i had never seen the miami marlins home throwback until i saw djm signature. those are some nice unis.

What's with your sig? Now your on Agon bandwagon? Wasn't he front and center on your Suck Squad picture just a week ago or whatever? To qualify for the suck squad your average must be below .200 and yor ERA must be higher than 5.30.

Castro is below .200 and Oliver's ERA is way above 5.30.

I'm rooting for every single Marlin but to you have to face the facts, Castro and Oliver suck right now.

Cuidado. Alex is a three tool player. THREE?!

Defense...

Er...

Uh...

What else, man?

Defense...

Er...

Uh...

What else, man? Good Base runner...he knows how to slide! =)

Defense...

Er...

Uh...

What else, man? List the 5-Tools....

Guest Juanky

The 5 tools are Average, Power, Glove, Arm, and Speed (Mind is tool #6, and is the most important, but these are the physical tools). Alex has Glove, Arm, and Speed. He is a Three Tool Player.

Guest Moneyball

well if some idiots want to bench agon right now with his above average defense just because of his hitting. do you bench jeter and his slightly below average defense and bad hitting so far?