Kruk on local Philly station this morning

CyggyMarlin

Kruk was on Philly Channel 10 station this morning to promote a Phillies event this weekend...The sportscaster asked Kruk who he thought would be in the NL East hunt at the end of the year. Kruk's response: The Mets, and the Marlins...

WHile that may be great that he said that, he should have shut his yap right there because then the sportscaster goes: The Marlins? (like it's a dirty word) That gets me that this team will be in it, they don't seem like a team that should be there...

Then Kruk goes" Yeah, that gets me too, especially with McKeon, he's a joke...I don't like him...

Sportscaster: Do you want to talk about that?

Kruk: Well, (pause) its because of a few things...McKeon told me one year during my time with the Padres in their system that I would be called up, and an hour before my flight he called me and said Im not going...McKeon was also the one responsible for firing Bowa as Padres manager and I liked playing for him. McKeon then taking over as manager of the Padres was a joke...

--------------

Hmmmm, Kruk, I'll be listening to any future comments you have on BBTN...If you give McKEon any praises on that show you will have lost any credibility you might have...I will no longer picture Kruk with any objectivity when he has to make comments on this team on BBTN...as far as I'm concerned, Kruk is a jerk

I see nothing wrong with that because he has past experiences with him and they aren't exactly the nicest things in the world either, but at least he does not allow that to affect his opinions like Rob Dibble of the Marlins. Kruk has given a lot of praise to the Marlins this year while Dibble is a non stop basher because he hates Mckeon.

Guest FishFanInPA

What do you expect? He's on a Philly station...the Philly fans are out for blood here. The word Marlins is synonymous with Cowboys and Celtics. There is a lot of hatred here for the Fish.

Actually on baseball tonight last night Rob Dibble was giving some props to the Marlins...well at least to Brad Penny and out pitching staff. Even when they did a special thing on the TOP 3 third baseman in the majors I expected him to Leave out Lowell but he had his top 3 (Arod, Rolen, Lowell) in that order.

Kruk was signed by McKeon with or near the same time as Gwynn. They both had issues with weight and McKeon stayed on both of them to watch the weight and to work harder. We all know where Gywnn is going to be, Kruk will live out his life in WV.

Guest Moneyball

let him say what ever the hell he wants. bowa is a terrible manger once the phillies lose 5 of 6 or something like in august/september he'll explode and bye bye phillies. i never liked kruk and you can't blame him for being a phillies fan. kruk is such a flip flopper he'll be praising the marlins next time talks about them on BBTN. he is just an arrogant baseball analyst like all the crap ESPN has hired (brantley, dibble, kruk). that's why i always give props to kurikijian and reynolds.

Guest Moneyball

To Kurkjian? Props to Kurkjian?

Get out of here

kurkijian is not a basher like the other 3. the only thing he did wrong was all that crap he said bout the marlins after they fired torborg. kirkijian is more like a stats geek. i've always like him and reynolds. so so gammons.

He works for ESPN now, he needs to stay objective and keep those comments to himself...He reminded me of Dibble today..

I have a love/hate thing with Krukiepoo.

His insights are wonderful when it comes to the game, I could listen to him all night but at the same time his ragging on the Fish is irksome. I tell myself two things - you can't be in baseball for fifty years without p*ssing off a whole bunch of people and Kruk's one of them. Kruk is also highly individualistic, he marches to his own drummer. Jack is cut of the same cloth and they clashed. No big deal.

As long as we keep winning who cares? :brigginbounce

I like Kruk on BBTN. Unlike Reynolds, the hasn't been polished to the point where there are no rough edges. He doesn't like McKeon, good, that will make him more amusing to watch as the Marlins continue to win.

It was like watching Todd Christiansen doing color commentary when the Dolphins clobbered the Raiders on TV. As the game went on, he got more and more shrill and I was greatly entertained.

At least people are talking about us. That is what is important. This team is not quitting and keeps finding ways to win. People have to acknowledge it - they dont have to like it. And I dont care if commentators like it or not - just give us our props and go back to bashing this team. We keep winning - they keep whining.

On a side note, I do think Brantley is the most arrogant F'er on BBTN. And he wasnt all that good. And he had the best mullet of his day - better than Rod Beck's.