Dexter Fowler

What is wrong with the Marlins? How we let this 5-tool talent slip all the way to the Rockies at #410 is beyond me. I know he slipped a long way but this was a guy we supposedly had interest in for round one, yet we draft players like Steve Gendron and Jared Gaston ahead of him. Beyond belief, I am speechless.

undoubtably there is something wrong with the other 28....well really 29 teams also.

Doesn't matter who passes on him, I'd rather take the chance on a player who could be special and let other teams be jealous down the road. Many players throughout history have slipped for reasons and when finally selected, show that it was a mistake that other teams passed on them. At this point he should probably head to UM and go from there. I read that his swing needs to be broken down and he may stay at low levels for a while, but he also has plus power and supposedly glides to balls reminiscent of Andruw Jones in the OF.

undoubtably there is something wrong with the other 28....well really 29 teams also.

Doesn't matter who passes on him, I'd rather take the chance on a player who could be special and let other teams be jealous down the road. Many players throughout history have slipped for reasons and when finally selected, show that it was a mistake that other teams passed on them. At this point he should probably head to UM and go from there. I read that his swing needs to be broken down and he may stay at low levels for a while, but he also has plus power and supposedly glides to balls reminiscent of Andruw Jones in the OF. well obviously baseball execs dont agree with you.

either he A) is not as good as people made him out to be.

b) more likely is going to college.

not rocket science.

well obviously baseball execs dont agree with you.

not rocket science.

Thanks Captain Obvious, you are a real rocket scientist yourself!

well obviously baseball execs dont agree with you.

not rocket science.

Thanks Captain Obvious, you are a real rocket scientist yourself! well obviously your logic was flawed somewhere.

not really shocking.

well obviously your logic was flawed somewhere.

not really shocking.

I'm sorry, the baseball execuitives have never been wrong. Brien Taylor, Matt Harrington were phenominal first round picks. Marcus Giles, Mike Piazza, and several others were not oversights!

They have never been wrong just like you have never been wrong :rolleyes:

I can name several left field predicitons you have made that have never come true but the few, and i stress few, that do you praise yourself to high heaven. Sorry if the baseball execuitives do not agree with me on this one but we will see down the road who is a better ball player, Dexter Fowler or Jared Gaston.

not really shocking.

I'm sorry, the baseball execuitives have never been wrong. Brien Taylor, Matt Harrington were phenominal first round picks. Marcus Giles, Mike Piazza, and several others were not oversights!

I can name several left field predicitons you have made that have never come true but the few, and i stress few, that do you praise yourself to high heaven. Sorry if the baseball execuitives do not agree with me on this one but we will see down the road who is a better ball player, Dexter Fowler or Jared Gaston. mike piazza was never projected as a first round draft pick though.

not really shocking.

I can name several left field predicitons you have made that have never come true but the few, and i stress few, that do you praise yourself to high heaven. Sorry if the baseball execuitives do not agree with me on this one but we will see down the road who is a better ball player, Dexter Fowler or Jared Gaston. mike piazza was never projected as a first round draft pick though. You are going to tell me that a player that has been projected as a first round pick in baseball and slipped has not come back and proven that the teams that passed on him were wrong. It has happened in every sport and will in the future. Be real and also be a human, not an ass. :jackass

not really shocking.

I can name several left field predicitons you have made that have never come true but the few, and i stress few, that do you praise yourself to high heaven. Sorry if the baseball execuitives do not agree with me on this one but we will see down the road who is a better ball player, Dexter Fowler or Jared Gaston. mike piazza was never projected as a first round draft pick though. You are going to tell me that a player that has been projected as a first round pick in baseball and slipped has not come back and proven that the teams that passed on him were wrong. It has happened in every sport and will in the future. Be real and also be a human, not an ass. :jackass well considering he dropped b/c he is going to college he proabably will.

i'm simply pointing out why he fell since you raised such a big stink about it.

the rockies probably wont even sign him.

Guest Juanky

One question? Why didnt the Marlins take Huston Street?

Because they believed so faithfully that Houston should be spelled with the "o" in front of the "u" that they refused to have anyone whom they deemed to be a walking grammatical error playing on their squad.