Matt Treanor

Shaq-Man

obviously it's too soon to make conclusions about this guy, but matt treanor sure has looked impressive in his limited playing time since we called him up.

he has 5 hits in 13 ABs, plus a walk for a .385 / .429 / .462 .

defensively, he has 1 SB, 1 CS, and 1 E.

i think we should give him some more starts and see what he can do in more playing time.

imagine being able to cross catcher off of our midseason wish-list!

obviously it's too soon to make conclusions about this guy, but matt treanor sure has looked impressive in his limited playing time since we called him up.

he has 5 hits in 13 ABs, plus a walk for a .385 / .429 / .462 .

defensively, he has 1 SB, 1 CS, and 1 E.

i think we should give him some more starts and see what he can do in more playing time.

imagine being able to cross catcher off of our midseason wish-list!

Agreed.

Treanor has been getting good swings at every at bat. That should give Jack some confidence to give Red a rest now a couple of times a week.

Of course those of you who read Mike Berardino's column today know the Sun-Sentinel guy went out of his way to bash Treanor.

Here's what Mike's MLB source had to say -

"The problem is he can't hit. He's a very poor hitter. Not well balanced and doesn't have a lot of bat speed. Purely a catch-and-throw guy and a good receiver." ...

Great day Matt. I hope Berardino enjoys eating crow after today's game.

Of course those of you who read Mike Berardino's column today know the Sun-Sentinel guy went out of his way to bash Treanor.

Here's what Mike's MLB source had to say -

"The problem is he can't hit. He's a very poor hitter. Not well balanced and doesn't have a lot of bat speed. Purely a catch-and-throw guy and a good receiver." ...

Great day Matt. I hope Berardino enjoys eating crow after today's game.

Knowing him, he'll come back tomorrow and how he had his one good game and will suck from now on. :thumbdown

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.