Going into enemy territory

BullDurham

On Thursday, I will be leaving for my 2-month internship at Rockefeller University in NY. That means I'll be off this board from then until I get my Internet access started up (praying that the 92nd St. Y has broadband, but most likely I'll have to settle with dial-up).

Speaking of which, if anyone has ever stayed at the 92nd St. Y, can you tell me what to expect and what to know about the place?

Oh, and I haven't forgotten the Marlins. That's why I'm thinking about seeing them when they play the Mets, though I have to see what my lab schedule looks like first. After all, who doesn't want to sing,

Beat the Mets!

Beat the Mets!

Come on out and beat the Mets!

Don't wander too much further north... The neighborhood will turn bad pretty quick. By 120th its getting real lousy, another 10 start fearing for your life.

Stay out of central park at night.

The areas right along the park E&W in your area will be OK during the day. Go a few blocks towards the rivers and the neighborhoods decline quick.

Yeah, I plan on taking Chris Rock's advice regarding being on MLK Boulevard.

Don't wander too much further north... The neighborhood will turn bad pretty quick. By 120th its getting real lousy, another 10 start fearing for your life.

Stay out of central park at night.

The areas right along the park E&W in your area will be OK during the day. Go a few blocks towards the rivers and the neighborhoods decline quick.

Damn what goes in at Central Park at night? And what goes around his neighborhood at night?

Damn what goes in at Central Park at night?

Victim harvesting... umm? Why dont cops stop it? What do they do? Kill anyone who goes in to stop the gangs? The NYPD ain't stupid - they ain't going into the park at night. You're talking Bermuda Triangle type s*** in the park after dark dude... You ganna tell me cops cant stop those wanna be thugs? What do they do? Pass this line and we will kill u?

Have you ever seen Central Park?

Imagine an immensely large rural area, complete with dark, overgrown pathways right smackdab in the middle of one of the largest metropolitan areas on earth.

You wouldn't need the NYPD to police the park after nightfall, you'd need the Air Cav.

If I remember correctly CP goes from around 56th to the low 100's. That's approx. 44+ city blocks long, and I think three or four avenues wide.

The rule of thumb is that it takes about 5 minutes to walk a NYC city block. So, it would take you roughly just under 4 hours to walk the length of CP from north to south, and at least 40 minutes to walk from East to West.

Freakin' huge, and full of freaks come sundown. :o

As far as the gangs go, you need to watch out for the Gramercy Riffs and especially the Baseball Furies....

Seriously though have fun. :music Beat the Mets, Beat the Mets.....

You might want to try the public library for free high speed internet access. Our libraries have it here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.