Saved!

Lcyberlina

I went to see "Saved!" before it vanished out of theaters yesterday. I had wanted to see it ever since I saw a trailer of the movie. It looked like a riot... And it was.

This movie is about "intolerance" more than it is about goofing off on Christians and their beliefs... The heartfelt message at the end is worth for every hardcore christian to stomach this movie... Besides it is hilarious. The character played by Eva Amurri (Susan Sarandon's daughter) is the funniest, along with Mandy Moore's portrayal of a "model" christian girl.

See the trailer and see the movie before it dissapears from theaters.

Saved!

Indie films generally don't tend to sell well to kids today because, let's face it, if there isn't the thought of laugh out loud funniness of the screing of pies, or the possibility of seeing boobs, who would want to see it?

I was intrigued by the trailer and kind of wanted to see it. Mandi Moore turned me off the project, but if I missed it, I missed it. It'll be a rental.

i have seen a lot of previews for it and from what i saw mandy moore's performance actually impressed me. it is a role you wouldnt expect her to take because the character is a little bit evil and sorta whacko. she really seemed to bring that out of the character so i am very interested in seeing it.

unfortunately there are a lot of other good movies i want to see like the stepford wives and the terminal (the terminal more)

i do enjoy a blockbuster movie from time to time as well so i am looking forward to spiderman (plus i love comics *waits for x3*)

Mandy Moore is actually a very decent actor.

I'm going to go with a no on this one. She's mediocrity personified.

Of course she's going to do well in this movie, she grew up around these people (she was billed as the Christian Christina Aguillera when they both first came out). She's got very little personality (IE too goody-goody) and very little character.

I've seen better at Cincinati Shakes.

I was weary of her participation in this movie, because most of the movies she's been in have been "crappy" to say the least. However, my husband and I were pleasantly surprised with her acting in this movie. I really recommend you to see it before passing judgement on it or its cast. It shows that blowing up cars is not the only entertaining thing film makers can do to make a movie interesting.

I was weary of her participation in this movie, because most of the movies she's been in have been "crappy" to say the least. However, my husband and I were pleasantly surprised with her acting in this movie. I really recommend you to see it before passing judgement on it or its cast. It shows that blowing up cars is not the only entertaining thing film makers can do to make a movie interesting.

Judging from the ten minutes I saw of it (which WAS good), she's still playing a caricature of the goody-too shoes, too good to be true Christian girl.

I'm not saying it doesn't work, I'm just saying she's not the best actress in the world. It happens, look at how good Tom Cruise was in Magnolia. Compare it with the rest of the stuff he does (pretty middle of the road).

She does have limited work and cant be older than say 20, give her a chance.

She's plainey-jane personified.

Even though I know in my heart John Leguizamo is a good actor, I refuse to see any of the crap he puts out from Hollywood anymore, because I know it'll annoy me. Granted, if there was something that REMOTELY intrigued me, I'd give it a chance. But this is the first thing I've remotely wanted to see with her in it. Not because of who's in it, but because of the subject matter.

Judging from the ten minutes I saw of it (which WAS good), she's still playing a caricature of the goody-too shoes, too good to be true Christian girl.

I'm not saying it doesn't work, I'm just saying she's not the best actress in the world. It happens, look at how good Tom Cruise was in Magnolia. Compare it with the rest of the stuff he does (pretty middle of the road). Brian, this movie is supposed to be a satire, so of course her character is supposed to be a "too good to be truth Christian girl". Nevertheless, as farfetched as it may seem to you, I know a lot of girls that are just like her character in the movie. Sad but true.

Like Passion said, give her a chance. She may not be the actress of our era, but I thought her acting in this movie was worthy of recognition. The same for Macaulay. A lot of people can not get passed the fact that this was the Home Alone kid, but if you can lose this perception you'll see that it wasn't so bad, in fact, I thought he was very good. He worked his ass off to be in this movie and play an accurate representation of a disabled teen. He spent the months prior to the start of filming, moving around in a wheelchair and seeing the world from that point of view... That says a lot to me.

I'm not saying it doesn't work, I'm just saying she's not the best actress in the world. It happens, look at how good Tom Cruise was in Magnolia. Compare it with the rest of the stuff he does (pretty middle of the road). Brian, this movie is supposed to be a satire, so of course her character is supposed to be a "too good to be truth Christian girl". Nevertheless, as farfetched as it may seem to you, I know a lot of girls that are just like her character in the movie. Sad but true.

Like Passion said, give her a chance. She may not be the actress of our era, but I thought her acting in this movie was worthy of recognition. The same for Macaulay. A lot of people can not get passed the fact that this was the Home Alone kid, but if you can lose this perception you'll see that it wasn't so bad, in fact, I thought he was very good. He worked his ass off to be in this movie and play an accurate representation of a disabled teen. He spent the months prior to the start of filming, moving around in a wheelchair and seeing the world from that point of view... That says a lot to me. It's called "acting" for a reason.

Wow. He wasted all his time "learning to be handicapped"? Big whoop. I'm not hating on Macauly, because I think he's a fine actor in some instances...

But, I've been an actor for 8 years and I've seen GREAT actors. Any actor worth their salt will tell you that research stuff is nonsense. You need to do A LITTLE bit, according to Constantine Stanislavsky (what does he know anyways :D ) to "get an idea." But anything more is a waste of time.

My professor, Bruce Cromer, played the Elephant Man at Cincinnati Shakes. It was the most daring performance I'd ever seen. Afterwards we went backstage and talked to him for a little bit. Of course we asked him a bunch of dumb stuff, "How did you repair, what where you thinking during such and such speech..."

He just shrugged and said he got his contortions from some painting of a monkey man and used a lot of his Yoga and Tai Chi. Best part was, he said during his big emotional scene he was thinking about how much his back was hurting and how he had to get up at 8 AM.

My point is, it's not rocket science. It's adult pretend. I've learned this lesson as an actor again and again, when you take this stuff too seriously and prepare to much it hinders you. It all goes out the window in a performance anyways. It's not like Macauley's ever going to NOT be handicap and is, in his mind, going to TRANSFORM into a handicap.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.