Deep Impact Blows

SorianoFanHFW

I mean, what a crappy movie, it sucked so much. Some stupid kids finds a killer comet, no one knows how to stop it, so it looks like the whole world will end, and the idiotic astronauts decide "hey, instead of letting the whole world come to an end, let's kamikaze into this hunk of stone."

And they actually had to think about it. Jesus christ, if the whole earth is going to explode, do you really have any choice but to use the nukes you god damn morons? Furthermore, if the space shuttle can carry a couple nuclear devices, why didn't the government just launch as many nukes as possible into outer space and crash them into the comet? That sounds like an awesome idea.

I know why deep imact sucks

1. IT was nothing more than a cheap product placement for slim fast

2. It was a shameless rip off of an awesome movie, Armageddan (sp), even though it came out first. Kind of like "Antz" coming out before "A bugz life". Man, did antz blow. Sure, it was sylvestor Stallone's best acting job ever, besides maybe Get Carter, but jeez, a bunch of stupid ants find a trash can, and more stupid ants make an army to take over some stupid whole in the ground...I mean, do they put effort into making the movie AS CRAPPY AS POSSIBLE? That's why it is like Deep Impact, they PURPOSELY made an expensive, CGI, crap ass movie.

Now Armageddan (sp) was friggin awesome. It starts with this space shuttle trying to disarm some sort of bomb on a satellite, because we all know those phone companies put bombs on their satellites just to scare NASA, and all of the sudden all of these meteorites blow everything up, including some fat hawiian guy, and yet narrowly miss killing a tiny little dog.

Then the female love interest, it was ben affleck or aerosmith's daughter, I can't remember it was one of them, is banging some oil driller (wow, that was a really awesome!) and bruce willis pulls a Martial Law and goes totally insane and starts shotting up the joint. Then Nasa kidnaps him because they have an awesome plan on how to stop this comet: get a bunch of fat ass oil drillers to nuke it. That's friggin' awesome.

The bad ass general always has the greatest ideas in movies. Just like in 13 Days and Godzilla, they just want to nuke everything. This guy had it right on, "let's just blow this thing up with 100 nukes." Why not a thousand? However, this genius was like "dude, 100 nukes won't scrap the surface of a meteorite that is 1000 miles thick, however if we drill a tiny 6 foot by 6 hole for about 8 hundred feet, that will be deep enough to blow the comet straight to hell."

So they train the misfits, who's antics several times almost allow the entire Earth to blow up. Then in the end, they save the whole world, and one of them even bangs a stripper! AWESOME!

Seriously, Armageddon kicked ass. Deep impact blows, but for some reason I have a poster for it on my wall.

Uh, ALL natural disaster movies blow. And this is a pretty timely post considering the movie is about 4 or 5 years old. What spawned this?

I know a girl who was an extra. When you see the people running in the trailer, she's the one with hair (only way I know how to describe it, she keeps looking back and her hair does a wonderful swoosh thing). She STILL gets paychecks about twice a month now that it's on tv all the time.

u have to be kidding...Armageddon a good movie? Your saying that Deep Impact was unrealistic? Oh armageddon is real...lets sling shot a shuttle around the moon in like 3 hours and drill into a meteor and just drop a nuke into it, fly off and return home.

THAT SOUNDS REAL...it takes like a few days to get to the moon in an un maned probe, going faster than a shuttle...yeah...ok

u have to be kidding...Armageddon a good movie? Your saying that Deep Impact was unrealistic? Oh armageddon is real...lets sling shot a shuttle around the moon in like 3 hours and drill into a meteor and just drop a nuke into it, fly off and return home.

THAT SOUNDS REAL...it takes like a few days to get to the moon in an un maned probe, going faster than a shuttle...yeah...ok

This guy had it right on, "let's just blow this thing up with 100 nukes." Why not a thousand? However, this genius was like "dude, 100 nukes won't scrap the surface of a meteorite that is 1000 miles thick, however if we drill a tiny 6 foot by 6 hole for about 8 hundred feet, that will be deep enough to blow the comet straight to hell."

Your keen skills of observation could not see that I very obviously said that the science in armageddon was wrong...

nonetheless, it was still very entertaining.

I liked Armageddon much better than Deep Impact, mainly due to the better cast and the comedy that they managed to have in it, despite it being an 'end of the world' type movie.

"This is how we fix things on Russian space station!"-Crazy Russian cosmonaut

There are two reasons why Armaggedon owns Deep Impact:

1)? The Russian Guy

2)? Liv Tyler? :mischief

The Main reason why Armageddon sucked....

1. Ben Affleck. totally true he sucked in that movie Ben Affleck sucks in pretty much every movie he is in.

There are two reasons why Armaggedon owns Deep Impact:

1)? The Russian Guy

2)? Liv Tyler? :mischief

The Main reason why Armageddon sucked....

1. Ben Affleck. totally true he sucked in that movie Ben Affleck sucks in pretty much every movie he is in. what about any kevin smith movies?

and...(im going to get shot) DareDevi.