Sturtze?

El Guapo

wow...2-0 as a starter with the Yanks. What a tough feat....especially with such crappy players creating run support (A-Rod, Posada, Giambi, Sheff, etc.).

yea but he threw 7inn 3 runs 2 earned ...not 2 shabby..but hey its ok cause we got manzanillo..

Guest Guest

Mr Awesome is right

May. 15, 2004 - 8:32 pm et

Yankees acquired RHP Tanyon Sturtze from the Dodgers for a player to be named.

Sturtze had a 2.50 ERA in six starts for Triple-A las Vegas. The Yankees likely will add him to their roster as soon as Jorge Posada is ready to return (allowing them to send down David Parrish), and he could join the rotation if Jose Contreras isn't ready to return next weekend.

-- Rotoworld

Was there anyone who wanted to keep him in spring training?

One person, anywhere on this board? Because all I remember is a bunch of people whining and complaining when we signed him, so I don't really see how anyone can come on here now and say we should have kept him.

And I'm not saying it either, I thought he sucked and, actually, still do.

Just wait.

wow...2-0 as a starter with the Yanks. What a tough feat....especially with such crappy players creating run support (A-Rod, Posada, Giambi, Sheff, etc.).

yea but he threw 7inn 3 runs 2 earned ...not 2 shabby..but hey its ok cause we got manzanillo.. but its not like Yankee pitchers dont get away with pitching bad bc of their great offense...

the yankee pitchers records would be much worse if they wouldnt have such a good offense

but it always seems like they never do good at both at the same time...

it seems like they always either hit or pitch good...