MEts acquire Hidalgo for Sack of Crap

SorianoFanHFW

Hidalgo fits in perfectly with the Mets.

He's overpaid, overrated, and will get hurt.

With that said, this was a good trade by the Mets IMO, they didn't give up anything to get Hidalgo. I would think the Astros could of at least got a prospect or two for Hidalgo, who has a pretty good bat.

With that said, this was a good trade by the Mets IMO, they didn't give up anything to get Hidalgo. I would think the Astros could of at least got a prospect or two for Hidalgo, who has a pretty good bat.

hidalgo has pretty much been hitting .200 since april.

hidalgo has pretty much been hitting .200 since april. Still has a powerful bat, and I still think the Astros could have got a little more for him.

if you got the money why not do it , the mets really had no RF since the Garcia & Spencer platoon was not bad but not compared to doggie. Not production wise and not defensive wise.

I like this move for the mets also because it gives them an bonafide 5th hitter

Kaz

Reyes (if he's still alive)

Piazza

Floyd

Hidalgo

Phillips

Cameron

Wiggy/Zeile

not bad ... now they could use a pitcher ... actually their pitching has been superb this year so whatever

GO METS

... now marlins go get someone

what now with spencer?

So are the Mets still in the market for Beltran or were they ever?

I know they had the catcher-third baseman combo that the Royals were looking for in Huber and Wright.

Bwah. The Mets would be stupid to give up Wright for Beltran, let alone Huber AND Wright.

I've got no complaints, our pen is stacked and we are in dire need of pop. Weathers was expendable with how well our pen was performing and now we can call Royce Ring up.

When Reyes gets back this weekend we could do some damage.

who's that third baseman we got tearing up AA and AAA? He might force a call up.

I've got no complaints, our pen is stacked and we are in dire need of pop. Weathers was expendable with how well our pen was performing and now we can call Royce Ring up.

When Reyes gets back this weekend we could do some damage.

who's that third baseman we got tearing up AA and AAA? He might force a call up. David Wright.

yes, him.

I'm personally not a huge believer in the farm system. I mean, the mets farm system was barren in 2001-2002 and now we have all of these great guys. The yankees had the number 1 ranked system in 2000, and only soriano has actually played full seasons...furthermore, our system is majorly rebounding, even though we consistantly trade everyone good away.

'

If I were a GM I would not waste my money drafting Americans. I would spend every dollar of my budget signing free agent foreign talent. I mean, you can get 4 bus loads of dominicans for the price of a first rounder...who am I kidding, probably 5 or 6.

except that you um....cant exactly draft foreign doods.

and you from my knowledge cant exactly forfeit draft picks.

farm systems are beneficial to teams that dont have the resources to pay in excess of 100 million to build their team.

and if not for farm systems your yankees couldnt make their annual midseason trades to stock up the big league club.