Official EURO 2004 thread

catchoftheday

Since there is no thread about this im gonna start one.

the EURO 2004 has gone underway in Portugal and this is basically an european version of the World Cup ... lots of quality teams involved and a prescious trophy to go along with it.

my favorite to win it all is the Italian team, which I consider to have one of the strongest squads in recent years.

breakdown of the groups and standings as of now

group A

Spain

Greece

Portugal

Russia

group B

Croatia

Switzerland

France

Englad

group C

Sweeden

Italy

Denmark

Bulgaria

group D

Czech Republic

Holland

Germany

Latvia

... please discuss people

what did you think of the game? ... i did not get a chance to watch it but i read about it.

today if anyone is interested Italy VS Sweeden ... its gonna be shown on FOX SPORTS WORLD (in spanish) at 2:30 ... you should all check it out, this is gonna be an exiting and very important game for both teams

Italy tied with Sweeden 1-1 and quite possibly it means that Italy is out and will not advance unless Sweeden beats Denmark or the other way around, a tie and both those teams will advance.

of course Italy will have to win in order for any of those things to apply.

... good game by Italy today, they were on top the whole game and with some better finishes they could have easily won the game 2 or 3 - 0 ... unfortunatly in soccer things like that dont come too easily.

... Denmark beat Bulgaria 2-0

today is a sad day for me

what did you think of the game? ... i did not get a chance to watch it but i read about it.

today if anyone is interested Italy VS Sweeden ... its gonna be shown on FOX SPORTS WORLD (in spanish) at 2:30 ... you should all check it out, this is gonna be an exiting and very important game for both teams

it was a great game

the Czech Republic beat Holland 3-2

it seemed like it was a pretty entretaining game as both teams are based around its offense, and both technically have weak defenses.

Holland got a huuuge break and a goal on a clear offside play by one of the best strikers in the world today in Ruud Van Nielsterooij

this was a game that I really wanted to see because these two teams have some amazing players including my personal favorite. the Czech Pavel Nedved.

what did russia do?

it happens ... a team like Latvia is there but no shows from Scottland, Ireland, Norway, Yugoslavia ... and others

... how does that feed work? ... are they free?

Russia used a player who was tested positive for a steroid for the second leg of qualifying against Wales. In fact that player was their only midfielder to was not completly gassed and he took the set piece that eventually turned into the game-winning goal.

And yes the live video streams are free. You just need to sign up.

hosts Portugal beat Spain 1-0 on a very important game ... with the win Portugal advances and Spain goes home.

Greece is the other team to advance out of the group ... Greece fell to Russia 2-1 but advance on goals scored

Portugal 5 points

Greece 4 points .... advances on goals scored (greece 4 - spain 2)

Spain 4 points

Russia 3 points

... and another dissapointing cup for the spaniards

It's a major bummer that Spain won't make the quarterfinals. I had high hopes after they beat Russia. Now I don't know who to root for... :confused

who else but the best team in the world: Italy :shifty

... now if they could only qualify

tomorows game

Switzerland VS France

and

England VS Croatia

both should be good games ... both England and Croatia are playing for qualification here

It's a major bummer that Spain won't make the quarterfinals. I had high hopes after they beat Russia. Now I don't know who to root for... :confused

who else but the best team in the world: Italy :shifty

... now if they could only qualify

tomorows game

Switzerland VS France

and

England VS Croatia

both should be good games ... both England and Croatia are playing for qualification here Italy :thumbdown

GO FRANCE !