Manic McKeon

Guest Jack1

Guest Jack1

Why were the Marlins' panicking? They were still in first place for God's sake. If I were McKeon and the FO, I would be worried about scoring runs. This years' team has gone into many collective slumps. So far, they have lucked out but that will catch up with them eventually. Many games they lost because they just left so many guys stranded on base and couldn't score runs. Hopefully they won't be in big time slumps when they play the Phillies! :lol

Let's discuss the lack of hitting and scoring and not just the BP. They won last night by the skin of their teeth as it was!

Guest Jack1

A win is a win.

BTW - what is your favorite baseball team???

I like the Marlins but am not a McKeon fan.

I am just curious as to how and why things are done. Aren't you?

A win is a win.

I am just curious as to how and why things are done. Aren't you? No - not really.

I kind of appreciate those games McKeon led us to victory in NY last October.

You must really miss Jeff Torborg.

:mischief2

A win is a win.

I am just curious as to how and why things are done. Aren't you? C'mon man, Jack McKeon brought this team from the bottom, clinched the wildcard, and won us a world series.

This season we are #1 in our division. How can you NOT like Mc.Keon? If it weren't for Mc.Keon, South Florida would probably have its baseball days numbered. I rest my case,

A win is a win.

I am just curious as to how and why things are done. Aren't you? Things arent perfect. Never will be. But you are retarded if you think McKeon is a bad manager. You seem to want to point out that there is a problem and want to pin it on McKeon. Not the case.

As you have noted, there are a lot of LOB's in games we lose. That is not a bad offense, that is a slumping offense. You dont put guys on base if you cant hit. You are slumping when you cant drive them in. I dont worry about this offense - not with this pitching staff that can hold teams between 0-2 runs on any given night.

Why were the Marlins' panicking? They were still in first place for God's sake. If I were McKeon and the FO, I would be worried about scoring runs. This years' team has gone into many collective slumps. So far, they have lucked out but that will catch up with them eventually. Many games they lost because they just left so many guys stranded on base and couldn't score runs. Hopefully they won't be in big time slumps when they play the Phillies! :lol

Let's discuss the lack of hitting and scoring and not just the BP. They won last night by the skin of their teeth as it was!

You seem to forget that last night we faced a very good pitcher in Loaiza. We won a classic pitchers duel and we didn't even need our ACE. Our Bullpen kept us in it with Loaiza I see yesterday's game as a HUGE success.

Guest Jack1

A win is a win.

I am just curious as to how and why things are done. Aren't you? Things arent perfect. Never will be. But you are retarded if you think McKeon is a bad manager. You seem to want to point out that there is a problem and want to pin it on McKeon. Not the case.

As you have noted, there are a lot of LOB's in games we lose. That is not a bad offense, that is a slumping offense. You dont put guys on base if you cant hit. You are slumping when you cant drive them in. I dont worry about this offense - not with this pitching staff that can hold teams between 0-2 runs on any given night.Do you realize how much pressure that can put on your starters knowing they can never give up more than two runs...especially over the course of a season? That can come back and haunt the team come August.

I didn't say McKeon was a bad manager but it is obvious that he completely screwed up the BP. Hopefully the new guys will be able to go with the flow.

BTW I am not in S. FL

Jack 1, Im with you part of the way. McKeon, moreso than any manager I have ever paid attention to in my lifetime, makes a ton of questionable decisions. He can drive you crazy with some of the things he does. And he consistently opens himself up to second guessing. And while a lot of the time his unconventionality does not work, it works when it matters (see last year). And you can't argue with success. So he is doing something right, and I am just an observer. So while he can drive you mad, he is right in doing so.