Time is running out...

Teal Shadow

to buy or does the organization just feel there is just too many holes on this team to make a legit run at it this year. I'm starting to think the latter, for one the organization just doesn't have the prospects or money to fill all the holes on this team.

Boston is scouting the Marlins because they want Pavano. Other teams will follow, with rumors of certain players(Benitez, Pavano, and Easley) going elsewhere will start in a week or so.

I'm only warning you so you won't be surprise. As much as some of you might disagree with this moves. It is something that is needed. I believe that's why the rumors about the Marlins looking at Kennedy came up. If the Marlins want to stay at the top, there farm system has to strong. Which isn't the case right now. Moving Pavano, Benitez and Easley would refresh the farm and add ML ready player to fill those hole next season. I understand some the pain will be to familiar and will jump ship by trashing management. Some will understand the process to build for another run with our core player intact next season.

Am I waving the white flag...I can't say, but all I've been saying for the last two months has been coming true. :plain I cried for a bat, an arm, more cheese on my fries :p j/k with no luck. Too many holes to fill and too many egoes(fat cats) on a team that had none last season.

Finally you can trash me all you want as some will, but its what I believe will happen. :confused

I don't think they are done just yet, but if this slide continues even after the All-Star break, then management would be right to unload those guys. I am a fan for the long-haul, not just this year. I expect all users of this board to have the same mindset... With that said, I am not ready to count this Marlins team out just yet. The bad luck cannot continue forever...

I agree nothing will be made public until after the all-star game. The organization will sit down and discuss the direction the team is going and what changes need to be made to improve. The team(on the field) is giving them reason to take action of rebuilding for next season with its play on the field.

Ed,

I find it hard to believe the front office is not going to make a move to help this team. It may be minor, but at least a move. I think we need to get our farm back to the top, but it takes time.

443821[/snapback]

I'm only telling you that a minor move like Stairs may not be worth it, because it doesn't improve the team. There stuck between a rock and hard place. You don't want to wave the white flag, but the performance for the team is make easy to do just that. Its a seller market, NOT a buyers market. The Marlins just don't have the chips to improve so many areas at once.

Teal Shadow i agree with alot of you have said cause i wrote it in the past and got trashed for it...i said about 2 months ago that we would be about 3 games back by the all-star and the ship would be taking in lots of water unless we made some moves which of course have not been made...If loria wants the team to stay in it he cant wait much longer he has to make the moves now so we wont be in to deep..but what will probably happen is we will see alot of the guys we love moved to other teams for prospects...yea it sucks when your owner doesnt have G.S. money...till we get our own stadium this is what will happen..

I say we start trimming the fat then Ed. Time to let Lenny have his choice: retire, go to AAA, or find another team.

Same thing goes with some in the bullpen. We need to get Conine swinging again, but if his shoulder injury gets worse, put him on the DL and call up some more Minor League Guys.

We have the guys down there, let's at least give it a try.

Again, no need to panic. This team has underachieved to this point.

I agree with Cape that you trim the fat. Lenny Harris is a luxury we cant afford. We got minor league bats that have more upside and cost less. Dillon anyone?

Also, we have plenty of tradeable commodities to get anything we want done. You just have to think outside the box to do that. Nunez could be salvageable, but McKeon has burned that bridge - so you can deal him. Easley too is tradeable and could be a valuable commodity - hey LA, give us Mota, you can have Easley (?). Not to mention you can always go controversial and trade AGon, Castillo, Penny, Pavano, or even Beckett to get some needed pieces. (I am not saying we should deal any of those players, but that you could argue that dealing them could be beneficial for this team both short and long term. Texas needs pitching, Texeira could be dangled, for example.)

The Marlins have a lot of tradeable young talent and a lot of pitching that could be dealt. They have plenty of assets to trade to get the missing pieces. But truthfully, for this team to have both long term and short term success, the current crop is going to have to produce much better. The talent is there and they have underproduced thus far.

Significant trades to improve this team won't be made this year, unless this team somehow starts a huge winning streak.

We will live or die with what we have.

I think Benitez may be the first one to go.

If things don't improve:

- I would like to see the FO try to re-sign Pavano, if no luck then ship him out.

The only two pieces that could lands us good quality players are Pavano and Benitez. In addiiton, Pierre could be gone if the deal is right.

too many things on the edge, I'm not so sure anymore about the stadium.

Guest Juanky

Kevin Millar would look great in a Marlins uni again. He would be cheap to.

443859[/snapback]

N.O.

Spells

Possibly not

Guest Juanky

I think if the office gives up alot of fan favorites they will lose alot of fans! *Not me but I will be upset*

Armando, Pierre, Pavano = There are going to be alot of unhappy fans

JMO

443864[/snapback]

Eh, basically the whole team is a fan favorite

I think if the office gives up alot of fan favorites they will lose alot of fans! *Not me but I will be upset*

Armando, Pierre, Pavano = There are going to be alot of unhappy fans

JMO

443864[/snapback]

you are 100% right. This is a very though decision for the FO. You will have WQAM Fat Hank calling this another 98 fire sale. . .The Stadium may become in jeopardy since you will hardly see 15K in the stands.

Significant trades to improve this team won't be made this year, unless this team somehow starts a huge winning streak.

We will live or die with what we have.

I think Benitez may be the first one to go.

If things don't improve:

- I would like to see the FO try to re-sign Pavano, if no luck then ship him out.

The only two pieces that could lands us good quality players are Pavano and Benitez. In addiiton, Pierre could be gone if the deal is right.

too many things on the edge, I'm not so sure anymore about the stadium.

443855[/snapback]

I agree on Pavano, look for Pavano people to look for something similar to what Freddy Garcia got today by the White Sox. I believe Pavano is the Marlins first choice(between moving Penny or Pavano)to keep, but if money becomes an issue...then Pavano not Penny will be moved.

Ed,

I find it hard to believe the front office is not going to make a move to help this team. It may be minor, but at least a move. I think we need to get our farm back to the top, but it takes time.

443821[/snapback]

I'm only telling you that a minor move like Stairs may not be worth it, because it doesn't improve the team. There stuck between a rock and hard place. You don't want to wave the white flag, but the performance for the team is make easy to do just that. Its a seller market, NOT a buyers market. The Marlins just don't have the chips to improve so many areas at once.

443832[/snapback]

didnt i say that a month ago?

and a move to pick up beltran for 3 months would cripple the team for the next few years.

Guest Juanky

I hate Freddy getting that kind of money now. Why now!?

Pavano will get that or better, unless he give us a hometown discount

443876[/snapback]

How much did he get?

Kevin Millar would look great in a Marlins uni again. He would be cheap to.

443859[/snapback]

puke puke puke

no he wouldn't

besides I don't think they have Marlins uniforms at the big and tall men's store big enough to fit that porker.

can't hit, too fat to field, and slow as molasses - you guys and your boy wonder GM wanted him, you guys keep him, and BTW make sure he keeps getting his check every two weeks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.