Teal Monster

May I remind everyone for just a moment, the County and City must come up with the design alongside the Marlins. They are working together already and what you have seen is close to what you will get. The space is limited and costly. The Marlins will oversee construction, but the aquarium and community center will still be there as will other elements. Check the memo issued by the city and county manager.

Let me add that the Marlins have not even begun to get the approvals (nor even apply for them yet) from the local governments and state to even begin construction. Unlike what David Samson says, construction will NOT begin in January, 2005! Sure, they may have a "ground breaking ceremony" in January, but the earliest timetable for construction on the stadium to begin looks like July to August of 2005, and that is if they get a certain approval from the Department of Community Affairs regarding the DRI on the site.

I have a very credible source on this information. He tells me that the Marlins are clueless as to how to develop this property. The City hasn't even begun the condemnation proceedings for the properties to the southwest of the OB.

The process has only begun and is a long ways from being a done deal.

Let me add that the Marlins have not even begun to get the approvals (nor even apply for them yet) from the local governments and state to even begin construction. Unlike what David Samson says, construction will NOT begin in January, 2005! Sure, they may have a "ground breaking ceremony" in January, but the earliest timetable for construction on the stadium to begin looks like July to August of 2005, and that is if they get a certain approval from the Department of Community Affairs regarding the DRI on the site.

I have a very credible source on this information. He tells me that the Marlins are clueless as to how to develop this property. The City hasn't even begun the condemnation proceedings for the properties to the southwest of the OB.

The process has only begun and is a long ways from being a done deal.

456287[/snapback]

That is a problem, but construction can be done quickly because of the nice weather we have year round. Biggest problem is getting all those properties condemned and getting this show on the road already.

The Marlins haven't finalized hiring legal counsel for the land use/development portion of the project. It's July and they're still behind the eightball on this!

After the hiring of legal counsel, they need to begin the development approval process and the City needs to begin the eminent domain proceedings. There is still a ways to go with this!