Clemens Hall of Fame cap

Guest marlins02

Guest marlins02

I was inspired by a thread yesterday when this topic came up and i thought a poll should be done. I say RedSox because thats where he made his name and put up his numbers.

I included the BlueJays because i thought it would be fair since he played there. I dont want to be like the crazy general from Mexico who only gave his choice or choices in another poll.

My feeling is that you should honor the wishes of the player. If Roger wants to go to the HOF as a Yankee, he should go as a Yankee.

He has great disdain for the Red Sox organization - for whatever reasons he may have. It would be an insult to him to put him in as the member of a team he dislikes so greatly.

Also, you can argue that the Rocket has done as much for his career in pin stripes as he did in Boston - and maybe a little more.

He has 11 Full seasons in Boston, 2 in Toronto, 5 in NY - Bos.

He has an MVP award in Boston - Bos.

He has a Cy in all three cities mentioned - wash.

He is a 20 game winner in all three cities - wash.

He has 8 of his 9 post season wins in NY - NY.

He has 2 WS rings in NY 0 in Boston - NY.

He won his 300th game in NY - NY.

He passed the big names on the K list in NY - NY.

He wants to go in as a Yankee - NY.

He was abandoned by Boston, signed by Toronto, wooed by NY - NY.

As usual, Boston comes up JUST a bit short.

That's bull to say That he should be able to choose who he wants simply on the fact that...

What if Wade Bogg's wanted to go in as A D Ray?

Barry Bond's as A Pirate?

Crime Dog as A Cub?

Pedro as A Dodger?

Rickey as A Padre?

Hell No, He became A HOF, in Boston and should stay like that.

Guest marlins02

i believe Boggs wanted to go in as a D-Ray when he signed with them because they are his home town team. thats part of the reason why the rule was changed. Did anyone hear Clemens say he would boycott his induction ceremony if he went in with the BoSox cap. my response to that is go ahead boycott, like Mike Wilbon said on PTI today, the game is bigger than Clemens.

My feeling is that you should honor the wishes of the player. If Roger wants to go to the HOF as a Yankee, he should go as a Yankee.

He has great disdain for the Red Sox organization - for whatever reasons he may have. It would be an insult to him to put him in as the member of a team he dislikes so greatly.

Also, you can argue that the Rocket has done as much for his career in pin stripes as he did in Boston - and maybe a little more.

He has 11 Full seasons in Boston, 2 in Toronto, 5 in NY - Bos.

He has an MVP award in Boston - Bos.

He has a Cy in all three cities mentioned - wash.

He is a 20 game winner in all three cities - wash.

He has 8 of his 9 post season wins in NY - NY.

He has 2 WS rings in NY 0 in Boston - NY.

He won his 300th game in NY - NY.

He passed the big names on the K list in NY - NY.

He wants to go in as a Yankee - NY.

He was abandoned by Boston, signed by Toronto, wooed by NY - NY.

As usual, Boston comes up JUST a bit short.

Ok...

Henderson broke his last record as A Padre, should he go in as A Padre? No where he get's the record means nothing. It's how he get's their not when he does it. He got their as A Sox plain and simple...

Also where did he get his Single Game K Phenoms?

Where did he make his name?

Was he upset with The Sox his entire career if you remember it was Dan Duqette whp spurned him so don't make The Sox look like An Evil Empire here because we know who that belongs to. Of course their not an empire any more.

I gotta say the Yankees. There is where he started becoming the pitcher that he is now today...In an Inerview today he said he definetly needed to go in the HOF as a yankee, i gotta agree with him.

That is nonsense!?

A.J. ask 20 baseball experts, I guarantee at least 12 say Boston if you were to ask this question. His prime was with The Sox just because you were not alive does not mean it did not happen.

Man they guy is a yankee. He considers himself a yankee and so does everyone else. The Redsox gave up on him and hate the guy he should not going in with Boston's cap.

Well The A's have shunned Rickey so should he go in with another Team?

No so don't tell me that...

The HOF is an honor if Clemens does not want to go what's stopping him? The HOF is The Mecca of Baseball a place every fan must go and everyfan that actually knows the game wants to see him as A Sox.

He got his wins, K's and everything else in bulk with The Sox.

He's A Red Sox and just because you didn't follow baseball when he was A Sox does not mean s***! He is the most recognizable sox since Yaz(more so) and Teddy Ball Game.

A.J. ask 20 baseball experts, I guarantee at least 12 say Boston if you were to ask this question. His prime was with The Sox just because you were not alive does not mean it did not happen.

Yea but he has 5 WS Rings with the Yanks and Boston Gave up on him...Roger wont go in as a Red Sox with them giving up on him...

Yea but he has 5 WS Rings with the Yanks and Boston Gave up on him...Roger wont go in as a Red Sox with them giving up on him... When did ge get 5 rings with The Yanks?

AJ if you remember in the early part of The Year Roger was looking for a new team!

Stop giving me that about shunning him because players are shunned all the time and yet when it's time for The Hall they come crawling back.

It's as plain as day Roger is who he is because of The Red Sox not The Yankee's that simple it really is...

Guest marlins02

5 world series rings? its only two, the yankees didnt even win 5 world series in this last run they had, they got 4. the man did not make his history with the Yankees. Just because he's done a few good things with the Yankees, everybody wants to make it sound like he aint do sh** in boston. he made his name in Boston. you think if he hadnt done what he did in Boston, the Bluejays and then the Yankees wouldve gone after him as hard as they did. yeah the Sox shunned him, particularly Dan Duquette, but Duquette was an idiot. that still doesnt take away from what he did in a BoSox uniform. and about popularity, the man is still hated, did you the forget the two Piazza incidents? and the man flatout said he was going after Bonds last year i think it was and he did, nailing right on his armor and lets not forget about his temper and attitude. the man is still hated.

What should occur....

Let the player decide what hat they want to wear.

Let hte Hall approve it or disapprove it.

If the Hall says no, you should have an appeal opportunity to state your case. If they still say no...then the Hall picks.

Simple solution. Why am I not in charge of all this crap.

No player is bigger than baseball. Reggie Jackson is not bigger than the game even though it seems like he thinks he is after hearing him last night.

No player is bigger thant he game.

And Clemens achieved the majority of his stats in Boston.

But he achieved his popularity and the rest of his notariety with New York.

My nod goes to the Yankees. No, I can't agree simply on the fact that...

Once again ask anyone over 20 who they think of when they hear of Roger Clemens? Boston Red Sox.

His peak of popularity came at Boston and if you remember He didn't go through a smooth transition into New York.

I'll say this one and over and over

Boston is what made Clemens who he is, Boston is where he will always be and Boston is The Cap he'll wear in Coop and I Guarantee this...

He will come out and say that he loves Boston and come to his ceremony. Players have no will only brains and if he has a brain he'll do this.`

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.