DT Must be furious

Rune

He said Willis should have never gotten The Chance to get his one hitter because both teams should have been contracted.

Their attendance models An Emergency situation and that People will never go to The Games.

Basically Le Batard to The Max

Psht...

In a way, I agreed with Torborg on something. After a loss, he wouldn't read the paper or watch TV... I kinda do that. If we lose, I won't read about them, or watch BT... I'll just sorta wait 'till the next game and not focus or pay any attention to that loss...Same goes for NEGITIVE attention... Whenever we get any, I have learned to ignore it... And when we get that positive energy, I get as much of it as I can, while I can...

Getting angry at them gives them gratification, they feed on anger, hate, and ATTENTION! Don't give them attention. Remember if ratings fall, so do they. Everyone matters in ratings, Bad word by mouth of press spreads fast and it hurts more than anything else.

but most people don't realize they don't know what they're talking about, and hold on to ever word these dips*(*s say. then, when you try to correct them, they get all bent out of shape and retort with "if you're so smart how come you're not a sports anchor?" or something to that likeness.

the reason they are sports anchors is because some higher up thought they would attract an audience based on looks, attitude, hatefulness. Real people have real hard working jobs and pay taxes and take care of their families and enjoy their tax cuts. Rome and the other "media elite" as they are called make lots of money and don't care about others. They get ratings, they win more money. It's like a game, a game of greed. In order to get ratings they must infuriate people so word spreads and people tune in to check out the show and bask in his self-created world of underdog misery.

The real reason why all you see about the Marlins is negative (especially in the national press, but to a certain extent in the local media as well) is becasue this team has no national appeal, and is way off the radar to most people outside the market (and a lot in the market, too.)

Negativity, especially concerning a major move like contraction, gets attention. I bet if you polled a thousand people outside FLA and asked them what the one thing they know about the Marlins it'd be contraction.

Anyway, being negative is a maxim which has thrived in media for the last 50 years. That's why when you flip on your local news it's all murder, death and misfortune. No one stands at the water cooler the next morning and talks about the cat getting saved out of the tree by the FD, they all stand around and talk about the guy in Pigsknuckle BFE who went on a shotting rampage and killed 7 people.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.