Easley should get more starts at 1B

AlexGonzalez's#1Fan

Can Easley play LF? We need to find a way to get Easley in the lineup. He's been producing.

I asked that Question a month ago. I also asked if anyone knew if Easley had any OF experience.

Easley is a former All-Star 2nd Baseman. And Cabrera was a Shortstop/3B and we saw the trauma when he was moved to the OF.

On the other hand, Easley is a veteran and might more "Easley" (pardon the pun) take on new territory without losing confidence and becoming timid ala Cabs.

Easley has (finally) improved defensively at 1B. So has Choi. Amazing what a little experience at a positon will do. But, on-the-job-training can be expensive.

So can a new bat.

Final Note: It has been fun watching Easley at 2nd (& Short) and watching him naturally play with Gonzo (& Luis). But,I have this gnawing feeling that Easley plays best off the bench, not full-time.

Can Easley play LF? We need to find a way to get Easley in the lineup. He's been producing.

My Lineup:

CF Pierre

1B Choi

3B Lowell

RF Cabrera

LF Easley

2B Castillo

SS Gonzalez

C Willingham

Pitcher

That's a lineup I believe we can win with.

474614[/snapback]

LF is the easiest position to play in MLB (even easier than 1B), anybody with decent speed is able to play left field. It would take some adjusting too like with Willingham needing to learn to track flyballs the proper way and prevent balls from rolling to the track, but aside from that the transition should be seamless. Also, with Easley's speed I think he would be able to get to some balls that Conine would end up letting drop.

Final Note: It has been fun watching Easley at 2nd (& Short) and watching him naturally play with Gonzo (& Luis). But,I have this gnawing feeling that Easley plays best off the bench, not full-time.

474616[/snapback]

actually I think he is close to a .290 hitter when he starts and has only 1 or 2PH this year

Final Note:? It has been fun watching Easley at 2nd (& Short) and watching him naturally play with Gonzo (& Luis).?? But,I have this gnawing feeling that Easley plays best off the bench, not full-time.

474616[/snapback]

actually I think he is close to a .290 hitter when he starts and has only 1 or 2PH this year

475232[/snapback]

I meant as a spot/utility Starter, not a PH. Big Difference.

474616[/snapback]

475232[/snapback]

I meant as a spot/utility Starter, not a PH. Big Difference.

475255[/snapback]

when Damian starts he is 26/90 or a .288avg

not sure what else you are asking for

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.