The Marlins are BUYERS!

Teal Shadow

According to a source the Marlins want to make a run. Yes a run at this playoff thing. The Marlins are in trade talks to acquire LF Rondell White from SD for R.Castro, Abe Nunez, and Hollandworth. The Marlins appear to want to keep Hollandsworth, also being mention is a three-way deal with the Rockies in that the Marlins acquire Kalper and move him along to SD to replace Hollandsworth. Moving Castro might surprise alot you guys but they are very high on C Josh Willingham(double A) and C Ryan Jorgensen(double A) to compete next year or it's possible that Pudge could come back.A. Nunez is on DL so I guess San Diego doesn't mind take him injuried. What I'm surprise about is keeping Hollandsworth, I guess they'll use him as a fourth OF and use Banks at 1B :whistle .

Well, normally I wouldn't pay any attention to this stuff, but it makes sense... I think we really are in a Wild Card run, and can stay in it... A team like San Diego is probably looking to deal the few players they can...(just check the standings...)

Plus, I have heard they are also looking to deal Klesko to the Yanks, so I would believer they are looking at all options for all of their players that may be sought after...

Wow this is exciting! White's stats this season....

G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS BA OBP SLG OPS

62 230 32 69 9 1 11 33 17 34 1 4 .300 .352 .491 .843

Would be happy for Ramon to get to play somewhere. I wouldnt mind getting prospects either...that would leave a spot for Cabs.

sorry guys I want to inform you this is NOT my sources story. He e-mailed and said its a story by the Sports Weekly guys. He did tell me that this guy is almost 100% on the money with rumors concerning the Padres. A couple years ago before the Marlins trade for Clement. He had it three days before it happen, as a matter of fact he had Jesus Sanchez instead of Kostay. Boy I wish DD could have gotten Kevin Towers to take Sanchez instead of Kostay.

A sidenote the Cubs have turn there attention to acquiring 3B Mark Loretta because they feel Lowell might not be on the market now or later. Yes, he did mention that all so in the article.

The only thing that may have me somwhat questioning this deal:

Rondell White: $5.5 Million

But this would definately help us, and I think because Loria honestly had high expectaions for this team, and to get to where he thought we could we will probably need some better, more consistant offense, and that's what he brings to the table...

well if TH goes, that would soften the load taken in by Rondell White... money wise...

this is some good news

Well, you could substitute TH fore Abe Nunez, and Redmond for Castro, and that not only gets rid of more money for us, but really would give the Padres better talent...

I told you, Loria is willing to raise the payroll a notch to win. The guy is a winner, he just needs time to make his adjustments. He's kept quiet cause he wants the area to cool off before he goes after the playoffs aggresively and a stadium aggresively. But, remember he is a businessman and will take losses on only things he sees as a good prospect for the future (baseball in SoFla).

Well, you could substitute TH fore Abe Nunez, and Redmond for Castro, and that not only gets rid of more money for us, but really would give the Padres better talent...

I'm sure they'd want Castro over Redmond, he's the one with upside.

I dunno...I guess they wouldn't be giving up much, but why have they been sitting on Castro all this time if they haven't thought he was worth keeping?

Only problem with White is that he's an injury waiting to happen. He's an upgrade over Hollandsworth offensively (although who isn't right now) but in the outfield he may have the worst arm in baseball. Coming off a terrible season with the Yanks but seems to be playing better in SD this year. Would be a cool pickup to make a run though, & a good lefthanded bat.

Once the fans that don't go out to the park hear that this team is trading FOR players to try and win a WC, I bet you any money attendance starts creeping up from maybe 12,000 a game to 16,000 a game...

When they see that this team is not only making moves to improve but also WINNING, they will come out and check out what's going on...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.