Gammons on the 6PM Sportscenter

jonnylons

Guest FishFanInPA

He says that it most likely looks like the Fish gettin Finley for Stokes and a minor player.....He says Pierre will move to LF and we'll be lookin good. He says the Sillies may not be able to get anyone....

He also said that Admin Walker will be our Plan B and we've been talking to them just in case we don't get Finley.

He says that it most likely looks like the Fish gettin Finley for Stokes and a minor player.....He says Pierre will move to LF and we'll be lookin good. He says the Sillies may not be able to get anyone....

He also said that Admin Walker will be our Plan B and we've been talking to them just in case we don't get Finley.

475639[/snapback]

excellent news...we really do need some help!!!

Just an FYI...Finley is playing in his game today and Walker is not. Hmmm...

I would make Walker # 1 too. I wouldn't deal Stokes for Finley for 2 -3 months. I would for over a year of Admin Walker. That being said, maybe money is a problem in that deal.

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/9238351.htm?1c

Phillies Notes | Deal for Finley is reported to be close

By Jim Salisbury and Todd Zolecki

Inquirer Staff Writers

The Phillies are close to a deal for Arizona Diamondbacks centerfielder Steve Finley, a National League executive said.

Another source, who is close to the negotiations, said yesterday that the Los Angeles Dodgers and Phillies are the top two contenders for Finley, with the Dodgers the favorites. San Francisco, Texas and San Diego trail the Dodgers and Phillies, with the New York Yankees a possible wild card.

The source said Finley, who has a no-trade clause, would accept a trade to Philadelphia without a contract extension. But the source also said Finley wants a move to be made by Thursday. If he has not been traded by Thursday, he wants to talk with the Diamondbacks about an extension.

Talks about Finley have been slow because of Arizona's involvement with a possible Randy Johnson deal.

The Phillies, who reportedly have offered centerfielder Marlon Byrd in a deal for Finley, still consider starting pitching their top priority before the non-waiver trade deadline Saturday. But if they can't land a starter, they certainly could use a centerfielder and bullpen help.

Finley, 39, is hitting .281 with 23 home runs and 48 RBIs for the last-place Diamondbacks, who have the worst record in baseball. It has been reported that Finley wants to play for the Padres, but the Diamondbacks haven't been impressed with San Diego's offer.

we are not alone...

I rather acquire Walker than 1 year rental Finley.I'm that big on Choi and I would like to see Stokes continue develop in Marlins farm system instead of trading him for 1 year rental.

If you have to include Stokes in a potential deal to Rockies than I don't mind.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.