Bring Guillen to S.Florida bandwagon president.

minus

"Should Johnson land with the Angels, the Marlins could still benefit from the fallout. The clubs have discussed dealing Angels outfielder Jose Guillen for Double-A pitcher Randy Messenger and another prospect."

Guillen signed a 2 year deal and he is only making 3.5 Mil per year if I'm not mistaken.

what about Rondell White instead? The Tigers would be more apt to deal him, probably for mid-level prospects, they're not really in a race, and we've dealt with them before.

He's a decent bat, & is an okay left fielder despite a crappy arm...

Not really an upgrade over Conine, but any extra bat could help.

I guess the nice thing about Guillen is you can platoon him with Conine & Choi in LF or 1B...

what about Rondell White instead? The Tigers would be more apt to deal him, probably for mid-level prospects, they're not really in a race, and we've dealt with them before.

I guess the nice thing about Guillen is you can platoon him with Conine & Choi in LF or 1B...

481104[/snapback]

Jose Guillen

18hr 76rbi's .302 .369 .520 .890

vs. Left 97 9 32 5 0 4 25 3 2 17 1 2 .330 .363 .505 .868

vs. Right 270 51 79 15 3 14 51 24 10 44 3 1 .293 .372 .526 .898

Guillen shouldn't be platoon at all.

Guillen would not platoon with anyone! He is a starter for sure. Conine and Choi would be platooning. Look at Guillen's stats! (.302 BA, 18 HR, 76 RBI). We would also have Guillen for 2 years! Jose Guillen is the best option we have right now. I hope Anaheim gets Randy Johnson (but didn't Johnson say he would only go to the Yankees?).

what about Rondell White instead?? The Tigers would be more apt to deal him, probably for mid-level prospects, they're not really in a race, and we've dealt with them before.

481104[/snapback]

Jose Guillen

18hr 76rbi's .302 .369 .520 .890

vs. Left 97 9 32 5 0 4 25 3 2 17 1 2 .330 .363 .505 .868

vs. Right 270 51 79 15 3 14 51 24 10 44 3 1 .293 .372 .526 .898

Guillen shouldn't be platoon at all.

481113[/snapback]

I don't know why I thought Guillen had played some 1B, nevermind.

but I remember Oakland grabbed him from Cincy last year for the stretch run after he had a red-hot first half, & he wasn't nearly as good for the A's after that...

....and despite a cannon arm Guillen is not a very good outfielder and not exactly a popular guy in the clubhouse.

Just playing devil's advocate, I'd take him for that proposed deal, but I don't think he's the player some do....)