Wayne optioned to AAA

Not surprised to see Wayne get sent down. He was the worst performer left in the BP after we dumped Oliver. Let's see how Small will do, but I'm afraid he is just going to be another recycled AAA pitcher. We need to bolster the BP by the trading deadline on Saturday.....and then still keep an eye out for improvements on the waiver wire next month.

Not surprised to see Wayne get sent down. He was the worst performer left in the BP after we dumped Oliver. 482143[/snapback]

You're obviously not talking about the Justin Wayne on the Marlins, because our Justin Wayne was rock solid out of the bullpen all season long until he got injured. Besides Benitez, Wayne was our most reliable arm out of the bullpen for the first portion of the season until he got injured. Everyone loved Justin Wayne and was on his bandwagon earlier in the season, then he got injured and now everyone hates him because he had a bad start in his first appearance since being injured.

:thumbdown

Not surprised to see Wayne get sent down. He was the worst performer left in the BP after we dumped Oliver. 482143[/snapback]

You're obviously not talking about the Justin Wayne on the Marlins, because our Justin Wayne was rock solid out of the bullpen all season long until he got injured. Besides Benitez, Wayne was our most reliable arm out of the bullpen for the first portion of the season until he got injured. Everyone loved Justin Wayne and was on his bandwagon earlier in the season, then he got injured and now everyone hates him because he had a bad start in his first appearance since being injured.

:thumbdown

482191[/snapback]

Errrr....Wayne had a good April and hasn't done well since.

Month ERA

April 0.00

May 9.42

June 13.50

July 7.20

Total 5.79

I'm not really down on Wayne as I believe he will do well for us sometime in the future. It's just I can understand why he was the one selected to go back to AAA. Howard could have also been selected, but he has shown some improvement lately.

Smalls number in AAA- 6-8 with 5.32 ERA

481996[/snapback]

and his MLB era is 3.68(in 2004)

482040[/snapback]

In what 7 innings or so

482062[/snapback]

nonetheless he has been pretty good so far

482063[/snapback]

Relievers ERA are heavily overated but ...

Manzanillo's numbers looked somewhere around Small's in AAA and manzy seems to be doing ok