Part of trade people don't think of...

CapeFish

This trade will really make it look to the casual fans that the Marlins are trying. This also shuts up the players (i.e. Lowell) who were whining saying we need a big trade for a catcher and some bullpen guys. By doing this trade Beinfest, and more importantly Mr. Loria, tell the players, fans, politicians, media, and the world that we have done all that we can (of course some more moves could be and may be made) and it is up to the players to do their part.

it's almost like we're just trading for the sake of trading.

485411[/snapback]

But that may be just what this team needs to get themselves off this bad streak they had the past few months.

485415[/snapback]

I agree... piece of piece (besides the bullpen), we had a good team but together it just wasn't happening. Some new ingredients could help more than we know..LA has definitely had a solid season with these guys

A move just to make a move. I remember that happening early this year.

KC's Jason Grimsley to the O's for Denny Bautista.

485419[/snapback]

I still can't figure that deal out. Peter Angelos must be a complete moron or something. That organization just can't get it into their heads that they need pitching. With this deal, they go and trade away one of their top pitching prospects for a 30 yo+ reliever. That's the kind of deal a contender would make, except the deal was between two teams in the basements of their respective divisions. I'm sure tomorrow we'll see that they traded John Maine for Mo Vaughn or something.

Choi was a luxury, we needed a catcher because Red is ailing and Treanor isn't looking to be more than a backup either. You cna't expect Willingham to catch either up here.

Ramp should love this trade because it could allow for Willingham to return as an OF and 1B and get lot's of playing time.

Choi was a luxury, we needed a catcher because Red is ailing and Treanor isn't looking to be more than a backup either. You cna't expect Willingham to catch either up here.

Ramp should love this trade because it could allow for Willingham to return as an OF and 1B and get lot's of playing time.

485431[/snapback]

Willy could play pitcher's helper.... just as long as he gets ABs

485411[/snapback]

But that may be just what this team needs to get themselves off this bad streak they had the past few months.

485415[/snapback]

That couldn't have been done by adding a bat for prospects? Just last week the best bat on the market (Finley) was going to cost us Stokes, Murphy and that Dutch pitcher. And yesterday there was that Guillen for Messenger rumor. We took a big risk with this move and are counting on one guy who has struggled down the stretch; and Enc and Wayne/Bump/Tejera/Phelps who have been disappointing to step up.

485411[/snapback]

485415[/snapback]

That couldn't have been done by adding a bat for prospects? Just last week the best bat on the market (Finley) was going to cost us Stokes, Murphy and that Dutch pitcher. And yesterday there was that Guillen for Messenger rumor. We took a big risk with this move and are counting on one guy who has struggled down the stretch; and Enc and Wayne/Bump/Tejera/Phelps who have been disappointing to step up.

485438[/snapback]

No, this trade fills the hole we had at catcher and bullpen. Now we must see what develops with Walker and a starter. We aren't done yet. The big plus is we have a young team and the farm won't be used as much as it was when we were still developing the talent we have at the big club now.

Cape why are you against all trades before they happen and for all trades after they happen?

485443[/snapback]

Reality hits me and I realize I cannot change it. Therefore I must try and look at all the positives I can.

485447[/snapback]

:lol Cape you are such a homer. I'm sorry.

Cape why are you against all trades before they happen and for all trades after they happen?

485443[/snapback]

Reality hits me and I realize I cannot change it. Therefore I must try and look at all the positives I can.

485447[/snapback]

:lol Cape you are such a homer. I'm sorry.

485450[/snapback]

Do I deny it?

This trade shows why not signing Pudge was a huge mistake. . .

This may cost more than the 40 millions that Pudge wanted.

Choi at less than 500 K was a bargain!

485459[/snapback]

Pudge wasn't going to stay. Stop with it because the Queen of the DP is already having back problems in Detroit.

Dodgers fans are screaming murder over this because they say their nucleus of LoDuca and Mota were traded.

485457[/snapback]

they're pissed because they lost a clubhouse leader and one of their biggest fan favorites not named gagne in lo duca.

if we gave up conine instead of choi (which would have been a much better deal by the numbers), you can guarantee this board would be screaming bloody murder.

Dodgers fans are screaming murder over this because they say their nucleus of LoDuca and Mota were traded.

485457[/snapback]

they're pissed because they lost a clubhouse leader and one of their biggest fan favorites not named gagne in lo duca.

if we gave up conine instead of choi (which would have been a much better deal by the numbers), you can guarantee this board would be screaming bloody murder.

485463[/snapback]

But the reality is that we did not trade Jeff Conine.

We filled our hole with at catcher and bullpen with a catcher whose worst offensive months are August and September, and a reliever who will be gone next year?

Well, atleast we didn't give up an ace, stud 1B or good pitching prospect for them. Now that would have been a made move.

We should ahve made a smaller deal for an outfielder and reliever for prospects. Would have helped the team more and cost less.

We replaced two holes with two even bigger holes.

Starter > reliever

150 game + pinch-hits Outfielder > 130 game Catcher.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.