Cabrera called up !

Hotcorner

You know what, if it is meant to be it will work. If the man upstairs doesn't want it, it won't work. Simple As That!

:angel says,

"The man upstairs wants the Fish to win real bad!"

Marlins all clear for Wild Card, or if he feels in a good mood- NL East, Take Over! :D

if they were gearing up for a playoff run they would be acquring veterans, not calling up players from double a.

My feeling is that they werent going to judge whether or not they were going to make a run until July, so why not see if Cabrera can be everything people say he will be, thereby lessening the need to make a trade.

if they were gearing up for a playoff run they would be acquring veterans, not calling up players from double a.

My feeling is that they werent going to judge whether or not they were going to make a run until July, so why not see if Cabrera can be everything people say he will be, thereby lessening the need to make a trade. ^^^ agree 110%

The reason they brought Cabrera up now is BECAUSE they need to evaluate him BEFORE the July 31st trading deadline. Geez, is anyone awake here?

Smart move by the front office, very smart.

huh no man reason they brought him up is because they need someone that can play LF and hit

TV Schedule for Rays Series...

Friday - Marlins/FSN 7:35 First Pitch

Saturday - Marlins&Rays/PAX 6:05 First Pitch

Sunday - Marlins&Rays/PAX 1:35 First Pitch

All Games At Pro Player Stadium!

WOOHOO!! It's been a while since I've been able to see the marlins play. Perfect timing too. I get to see DW and Cabrera.

Also, I think if Cabrera plays well and the marlins make a run, I think beinfest has to try and trade hollandsworth for bullpen help.

I can't believe I'm going to say this but I agree with Rune :blink: I feel its harder coming up from the minors for a hitter than a pitcher IMO but I feel the Marlins got a little better feeling watching Mets Jose Reyes in this series. I wish they would have waited. Plus I think the Padres are push the Marlins on the White deal IMO why bring him up now if you didn't have something on the burner

Das, to be realistic, a move to acquire a veteran (someone like a Rondell White to use a recent example) would cost the Marlins a talented young player or two, for what would likely be a 1/2 year rental. Keeping in mind that a wild-card birth is still a huge reach for this team, I'd just as soon not have them blow a big wad trying to make a playoff run from last place in the division. I won't predict any immediate fireworks from this kid, but the way coaches talk about him he could bring just as much of a lift as some veteran journeyman. Even if it's just platooning for a while.