What the hell just happened?

AlexGonzalez's#1Fan

Another brilliant decision by Jack. Perisho was on fire that inning, when a guy is hot like Perisho was, you let him finish out the inning regardless of matchups and i'm confident Perisho would have gotten the job done rather than over-managing the game and bringing Manzy in where he gave up a grand salami on his first pitch.

Another brilliant decision by Jack. Perisho was on fire that inning, when a guy is hot like Perisho was, you let him finish out the inning regardless of matchups and i'm confident Perisho would have gotten the job done rather than over-managing the game and bringing Manzy in where he gave up a grand salami on his first pitch.

488216[/snapback]

agreed. as soon as jack put apples in the game i was second guessing the decision. and when he intentionally walked johnson, i was wondering why he wasnt warming anyone up

488216[/snapback]

agreed. as soon as jack put apples in the game i was second guessing the decision. and when he intentionally walked johnson, i was wondering why he wasnt warming anyone up

488220[/snapback]

And this type of thing happens ALL THE TIME. If Manzy is hot and is easily retiring batters, Jack will put Perisho into the game to get a better matchup and Perisho will blow it and vice versa such as tonight. If Perisho is hot he'll put in Manzy, it just doesn't make sense. Yeah he's "trade jack" and all that, but he is overmanaging this team, he needs to just let the pitchers pitch if they're on fire regardless of any matchups. It was a combination of Manzy and Jacks terrible decision to put him in the game, infact I fault Jack more than I do Manzy for making the decision in the first place.

this is a good example of how those "30 rent-a-innings" from mota would become extremely valuable. if benitez was available tonight, this would be a situation where you put in mota with 2 outs and the bases loaded in the 7th. would have made the difference between a win and a loss.

Guest Jack1

this is a good example of how those "30 rent-a-innings" from mota would become extremely valuable. if benitez was available tonight, this would be a situation where you put in mota with 2 outs and the bases loaded in the 7th. would have made the difference between a win and a loss.

488228[/snapback]

Yeah...but ya still have to score runs to win and this team just has no offense! They needed to address that more but let's see what happens in the next week or so. Jack has micromanaged all season and it's caused a lot of problems.

Plus they will usually only use Benitez when they are winning.

Another brilliant decision by Jack.? Perisho was on fire that inning, when a guy is hot like Perisho was, you let him finish out the inning regardless of matchups and i'm confident Perisho would have gotten the job done rather than over-managing the game and bringing Manzy in where he gave up a grand salami on his first pitch.

488216[/snapback]

And this type of thing happens ALL THE TIME. If Manzy is hot and is easily retiring batters, Jack will put Perisho into the game to get a better matchup and Perisho will blow it and vice versa such as tonight. If Perisho is hot he'll put in Manzy, it just doesn't make sense. Yeah he's "trade jack" and all that, but he is overmanaging this team, he needs to just let the pitchers pitch if they're on fire regardless of any matchups. It was a combination of Manzy and Jacks terrible decision to put him in the game, infact I fault Jack more than I do Manzy for making the decision in the first place.

488226[/snapback]

Sorry to be redundant, but I AGREE.

I was so happy to witness the Lo Duca 1st pitch HR (and so pleased to see our knowledgable Marlins Fans give him a Standing O' as he approached the plate), I really knew I was watching a Marlins Memorable Moment!

Then Perisho comes in, in command!

And then Jack has to tinker again.

No more "Trader Jack."

Tinker Jack.

5 runs is decent offense you cant expect this team to hit like we play the phillys every game the BP gotta hold up. right after manzy got the out i switched chanells cuse i didnt want to see him xcited. Can anyone tell me how fast he ran off the field

488228[/snapback]

Yeah...but ya still have to score runs to win and this team just has no offense! They needed to address that more but let's see what happens in the next week or so. Jack has micromanaged all season and it's caused a lot of problems.

Plus they will usually only use Benitez when they are winning.

488271[/snapback]

Uhm, we scored 5 runs, not winning this game is inexcusable.

Guest Juanky

What would've happened if Perisho blew it? Then what would you all be saying...

488276[/snapback]

The thing is, if you walk Batista and he fails against a lefty (the next two hitters were), then he failed against a lefty. It's the best we could have thrown out there against a lefty.

Sometimes matchups don't work Jack.

I'm not faulting Jack at all, or second guessing him.

Perisho has been getting pounded by righties, and Jack has been criticized several times in the past for leaving him in after he faced the lefty bat, and then watching the righties eat him up.

Manzy was real hot and did a superb job closing out games against the Phillies, so why not bring him in?

Guest Juanky

You do realize one of the two outs Perisho got that inning was against a righty?

And I'm beyond glad that we now have a fireman not named Benitez.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.