Joe Dillon (or Sutton) call-up

Teal Shadow

It appears he'll get the call come Tuesday when Small and Howard get sent down to activate Valdez.

by the way I don't get the Walker deal. I know Berardino wrote a piece about how he rejected both deals with the Rangers and us on Friday, but I was told he was leaning towards agreeing to come down here leading up to the deadline. IMO the killer to Walker being a Marlin was CJ. CJ contract would have been off the books which would have allowed Colorado to take more of Walker contract. Stokes could have been a deal breaker too...but hey Mike might know someone close to the Walker family.

It appears he'll get the call come Tuesday when Small and Howard get sent down to activate Valdez.

by the way I don't get the Walker deal. I know Berardino wrote a piece about how he rejected both deals with the Rangers and us on Friday, but I was told he was leaning towards agreeing to come down here leading up to the deadline. IMO the killer to Walker being a Marlin was CJ. CJ contract would have been off the books which would have allowed Colorado to take more of Walker contract. Stokes could have been a deal breaker too...but hey Mike might know someone close to the Walker family.

488333[/snapback]

I agree. CJ's contract has f***ed us once again. Thanks Dave Dombrowski.

:thumbdown

488333[/snapback]

Your assessment that it was the CJ contract is likely right on the mark. Looks like Berardino is just fabricating an article to create a stir.

From Clark Spencer of the Herald:

About the only piece the Marlins failed to obtain before Saturday's 4 p.m. deadline was Colorado Rockies outfielder Admin Walker, though not from lack of effort. The Marlins made one final push to work out a deal with the Rockies, but the talks never reached a point where Walker was asked to waive his no-trade clause to go to Florida.

Link to Full Article?

Did another hitter get called up? Because right now, we are pretty thin on the bench, especially in the outfield. Even with Benitez on the DL, we have 13 pitchers and only 4 bench players (Red, Mordi, Easley, Harris).

491961[/snapback]

That's true. Not sure what the FO is thinking here. I don't think there is any other team in the majors carrying 13 pitchers. We could be in trouble if we get into a long extra inning game.

Guest Juanky

Did another hitter get called up?? Because right now, we are pretty thin on the bench, especially in the outfield.? Even with Benitez on the DL, we have 13 pitchers and only 4 bench players (Red, Mordi, Easley, Harris).

491961[/snapback]

That's true. Not sure what the FO is thinking here. I don't think there is any other team in the majors carrying 13 pitchers. We could be in trouble if we get into a long extra inning game.

492015[/snapback]

Mota can field AND hit! Plus Trelle can hit and stuff.

Did another hitter get called up?? Because right now, we are pretty thin on the bench, especially in the outfield.? Even with Benitez on the DL, we have 13 pitchers and only 4 bench players (Red, Mordi, Easley, Harris).

491961[/snapback]

492015[/snapback]

Mota can field AND hit! Plus Trelle can hit and stuff.

492152[/snapback]

Still say we run out of players and someone gets hurt.

I'm still anxious to see Dillon.

But, no disrespect to our 3rd catcher Mordecai,

I'd rather see Sutton as 3rd catcher and emergency 1B.

And a potent stick off the bench.

492173[/snapback]

Sutton plays 1st base and he's lefthanded. I don't think he's ever played catcher.

492178[/snapback]

My error, apparently. Thanks for the correction.

If we are looking for a lefty bat off the bench who can play first - what about Fred McGriff. Would you rather have Sutton or McGriff?

Just a thought...

492194[/snapback]

Sutton is cheaper, and we won't need another 1st baseman when Cordero comes back.

Dillon's 100 points off his intra-season high of .427.

Last I looked he was hitting .333 so the bloom may be off the rose.

That's true Dillon has definitely fallen off his torrid pace from ealier in the season. That's why I think it should be Sutton who has continued his hot pace throughout the year.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.