John Kerry and drugs.

Jiggy

Link

John Kerry on Drugs

Target traffickers as well as reducing demand

In order to deal with the problem of illegal drugs in this country, efforts must be focused on keeping drugs out of the country and our communities, as well as reducing demand for illegal drugs. John Kerry supports aggressively targeting traffickers and dealers, as well as making a commitment to sufficiently fund drug prevention and treatment programs.

Source: Campaign website, JohnKerry.com, "Issues" Mar 21, 2004

Admits having smoked marijuana

At the "Rock the Vote" debate, the moderator inevitably asked,. "Which of you are ready to admit to having used marijuana in the past?"

"Yes," said John Kerry, leading off. "Yes," said John Edwards . "Yes," said Howard Dean. None of these three baby-boomer candidates said anything beyond their short, declarative affirmations. None followed with a hurried explanation that it was just a few times, that it was some kind of "youthful indiscretion," or that he didn't inhale. The implication of their answers seemed to be, "Yeah, so what?"

In fact, the defensive answers tended to come from those replying in the negative. "No," said Dennis Kucinich. "But I think it ought to be decriminalized."

"I grew up in the church," said Al Sharpton. "We didn't believe in that."

"I have a reputation for giving unpopular answers," said Joe Lieberman. "I never used marijuana. Sorry!"

In the next day's news coverage, the admissions of marijuana smoking were largely ignored.

Source: Steven Holmes, NY Times Nov 9, 2003

Voted NO on increasing penalties for drug offenses.

Vote to increase penalties on certain drug-related crimes. The amendment would specifically target the manufacturing or trafficking of amphetamines & methamphetamines and possession of powder cocaine, and set stronger penalties for dealing drugs

Bill S.625 ; vote number 1999-360 on Nov 10, 1999

Voted NO on spending international development funds on drug control.

Vote to add an additional $53 million (raising the total to $213 million) to international narcotics control funding, and pay for it by taking $25 million from international operations funding and $28 million from development assistance.

Bill HR 3540 ; vote number 1996-244 on Jul 25, 1996

Link

John Kerry on Drugs? ?

Target traffickers as well as reducing demand

In order to deal with the problem of illegal drugs in this country, efforts must be focused on keeping drugs out of the country and our communities, as well as reducing demand for illegal drugs. John Kerry supports aggressively targeting traffickers and dealers, as well as making a commitment to sufficiently fund drug prevention and treatment programs.

Source: Campaign website, JohnKerry.com, "Issues" Mar 21, 2004

Admits having smoked marijuana

At the "Rock the Vote" debate, the moderator inevitably asked,. "Which of you are ready to admit to having used marijuana in the past?"

"Yes," said John Kerry, leading off. "Yes," said John Edwards . "Yes," said Howard Dean. None of these three baby-boomer candidates said anything beyond their short, declarative affirmations. None followed with a hurried explanation that it was just a few times, that it was some kind of "youthful indiscretion," or that he didn't inhale. The implication of their answers seemed to be, "Yeah, so what?"

In fact, the defensive answers tended to come from those replying in the negative. "No," said Dennis Kucinich. "But I think it ought to be decriminalized."

"I grew up in the church," said Al Sharpton. "We didn't believe in that."

"I have a reputation for giving unpopular answers," said Joe Lieberman. "I never used marijuana. Sorry!"

In the next day's news coverage, the admissions of marijuana smoking were largely ignored.

Source: Steven Holmes, NY Times Nov 9, 2003

Voted NO on increasing penalties for drug offenses.

Vote to increase penalties on certain drug-related crimes. The amendment would specifically target the manufacturing or trafficking of amphetamines & methamphetamines and possession of powder cocaine, and set stronger penalties for dealing drugs

Bill S.625 ; vote number 1999-360 on Nov 10, 1999

Voted NO on spending international development funds on drug control.

Vote to add an additional $53 million (raising the total to $213 million) to international narcotics control funding, and pay for it by taking $25 million from international operations funding and $28 million from development assistance.

Bill HR 3540 ; vote number 1996-244 on Jul 25, 1996

491018[/snapback]

You do realize its ok for politicians to admit they did pot a while ago right? Gore admitted it too.

So the fact that a guy did pot a while ago means he cant have an approach on the war on drugs? You think Bush never did drugs? Bush cant be against drunk driving because he once did it? This flip flopping stuff is stupid and silly and a campaign ploy. THEY ALL FLIP FLOP!

Maybe that would explain why he gave CPR... to a hamster.

491444[/snapback]

Why did he give CPR to a hamster???? I thought it was because his daughters were crying the death of their pet... WOW what an insensitive man to give CPR to his children's pet.

491496[/snapback]

I'm not criticizing Kerry, I just find it disturbing to imagine him giving a tiny hamster CPR.

491444[/snapback]

Why did he give CPR to a hamster???? I thought it was because his daughters were crying the death of their pet... WOW what an insensitive man to give CPR to his children's pet.

491496[/snapback]

I'm not criticizing Kerry, I just find it disturbing to imagine him giving a tiny hamster CPR.

491520[/snapback]

Dude, all you have to do is press with two fingers on its chest. I was trained on pet CPR when I got a sick kitten. I even now how to give mouth to snout resucitation.

There is a difference between giving CPR (chest compressions) and mouth to snout resucitation with it. The animal has to be unconscious and not breathing. On the other hand when they are semi-conscious you just do chest compressions.

491444[/snapback]

491496[/snapback]

491520[/snapback]

Dude, all you have to do is press with two fingers on its chest. I was trained on pet CPR when I got a sick kitten. I even now how to give mouth to snout resucitation.

There is a difference between giving CPR (chest compressions) and mouth to snout resucitation with it. The animal has to be unconscious and not breathing. On the other hand when they are semi-conscious you just do chest compressions.

491523[/snapback]

Ummm...Yuck!!!

Ummm...Yuck!!!

491551[/snapback]

When you treat your pets as part of the family you would do anything to save them, just like you would do a person. BTW you don't blow air directly on their snout, you do it on their nostrils. I wouldn't let my kitties die without me trying to do something about it. Sorry if that makes me "disgusting".

Ummm...Yuck!!!

491551[/snapback]

When you treat your pets as part of the family you would do anything to save them, just like you would do a person. BTW you don't blow air directly on their snout, you do it on their nostrils. I wouldn't let my kitties die without me trying to do something about it. Sorry if that makes me "disgusting".

491576[/snapback]

very true.

look at how much money is spent on pet health care yearly to get a small idea of how many treat their pets as part of the family.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.