A Penny Saved

I would like to remind everyone who thought it was worthwhile trade to give up Penny. I would like to remind those who thought that getting a catcher and reliever was so important, it was worth trading Brad Penny. If Penny were on our team tonight we would have won. He pitched 8 innings of scoreless baseball. He gave up 2 hits and 1 walk. So this was the guy that expendable. This just shows how much more important starters are. They win games for you. Lo Duca, the so badly needed mediocre hitting catcher, can only do so much.

Guest Juanky

Penny's next turn wasn't for today.

LoDuca went what, 3-3 with a double, run, and RBI? Decent take IMO.

Plus, if not for an injury, we win today.

To end this damn thing once and for all...

Penny is the man, he rules us all...OMG PENNY...he is the next Cy Young winner in the NL. He is going to take the Dodgers to the World Series and win all the games along the way he pitches.

Is that what all you Penny lovers wanted? Now you got it, quote it if you want, frame it, put under you pillows at night. He was not meant to stay with us and was not destined to do anything more for us.

I'm still upset that we traded a very important player to our team (a guy who can shut down the opposition for 6 innings) and our team on-base leader while not addressing our most pressing needs. Sure, the catcher position wasn't great. Nothing close to Pudge, and light years away from our dreams of what we think Pudge did last year. But it was decent. The bench however is still the worst in the majors. We play in too many close contests for Lenny Harris to be the first bat off the bench. And as much as Easley has contributed he's batting somewhere close to Enc's numberd.

All this for 30 innings of relief pitching? Didn't we win last year with a bad bullpen? Absolutly dreadful aside from that ONE week when we had Helling, Fox, Looper and Urbina.

Guest Juanky

what injury?

493727[/snapback]

Benitez...why? Because Mota would have been put in the 8th inning instead of Seanez. But since Benitez is out, Mota had to be saved for the closer spot.

493752[/snapback]

Exactly

Oh, and the "30 innings of relief" went 3-3 with a run and an RBI

For the haters...straight from Penny:

"I knew the first one was going to stay in -- but the second one I thought he hit out of the park," Penny said. "If I was in Florida, I probably would have given up three runs tonight. I think I'm going to like pitching here."

But wait...there's more:

"I loved it out there," he said. "I can't remember being tired one time tonight. In Florida, it's so hot I was always huffing and puffing."

What's your point?

Dodger Stadium is better pitcher's park, and the weather out there is better for a guy his size.

Are we supposed to feel better about the trade just because he can realize his full potential there?

494215[/snapback]

Penny, like Derrek Lee before him hit the roof here. He wasn't going to do any more. Let him go to Los Angeles and have a chance at being a number 1 guy in the rotation.

I would like to remind everyone who thought it was worthwhile trade to give up Penny. I would like to remind those who thought that getting a catcher and reliever was so important, it was worth trading Brad Penny. If Penny were on our team tonight we would have won. He pitched 8 innings of scoreless baseball. He gave up 2 hits and 1 walk. So this was the guy that expendable. This just shows how much more important starters are. They win games for you. Lo Duca, the so badly needed mediocre hitting catcher, can only do so much.

Let me get this straight: You joined in January, have only posted 19 times on here and you are going to tell people here that trading Brad Penny was a bad idea?

Are you friggin kidding me?? :plain