Illinois GOP conceedes defeat....

Hotcorner

link

Alan Keyes. One of the most disgusting, bullcrap sham artists I have ever had the mispleasure of listening to.

When the best the Illinois GOP can do is go out of state to bring in a pompous, vile, bible-thumping, egomaniacal failure, I can only assume that they already are admitting defeat & at least want someone to take a few shots at Obama before they go down. Except for being anti-abortion, is there any reason why anyone would want this guy?

Let's see.... rips Hillary for running in a state where she hadn't lived, then does it himself, comparing his move to help the Illinois GOP with firefighters from other states who came to New York to help after 9/11.

:plain

Oh but hey, just my opinion....

If I were Obama, Id challenge Keyes to say anything that doesnt involve the word Obama. I mean the guy is basically gonna try and pound away at Obama on abortion and gays. Thats it. No other issue. Its a joke. I think the conservative strategy is to try and get religious blacks in the city to go for Keyes or at least get them to be Republican for elections down the road. Keyes has nothing, nothing positive to offer. Obama shines so well by himself, but add Keyes and he looks even better.

You silly liberals. Keyes first of all whether you like him or not is a very intelligent man and a great speaker. Second of all, his running in this election is more to raise awareness on certain issues and say what you guys consider radical for that very reason, to be controversial. Everyone knows theres no way he wins this seat, but notice the publicity his candidacy has gotten, not just on him, but on the issues. Not to mention when it comes to debating he is a heavyweight, and Obama needs to be careful with what he says to not hurt his public image as the second coming of MLKJR

Why do you hate keyes? because he's black?

just kidding. i like the fact he's smart, opinionated, and a lot more like the common man than most politicians (he eats KFC and when asked by his daughter agreed to jump into michael moore's presidential mosh pit).

he's respectable in those qualities, kind of like president james polk, a smart and opinionated politician...however, like polk i do not agree with his politics.

he likes small government and he's very vocal about it- that's good.

however he hates homosexuals and wants the christian religion imposed upon people. he's a bulls*** artist, becaue he condemned hillary clinton for being a carpetbagger and when he is asked to do the same thing, he continues to condemn her.

the situations are not identical, but similar, thus as he presents a flawless but heavily slanted argument to say that he is not being a hypocrite, he smiles, laughs, and marvels at his own genius for putting it all together.

I like and hate the man...kind of like newt gingrich.

It is the first all african american major party race for Senate which has gone mostly unmentioned while it is a major mark.

He is a great speaker, I will give him that but other than that I can't find myself to complement him.

506307[/snapback]

I woder if I will live to see two blacks run for preident...probably not.

You silly liberals. Keyes first of all whether you like him or not is a very intelligent man and a great speaker. Second of all, his running in this election is more to raise awareness on certain issues and say what you guys consider radical for that very reason, to be controversial. Everyone knows theres no way he wins this seat, but notice the publicity his candidacy has gotten, not just on him, but on the issues. Not to mention when it comes to debating he is a heavyweight, and Obama needs to be careful with what he says to not hurt his public image as the second coming of MLKJR

506251[/snapback]

Yeah, because gay marriage is going to blow this country in pieces.

If he would stick to the issues that MATTER, maybe, but he is using the same old tired rethoric of the GOP. Wedgies, because they have nothing else to run on.

Dont you get it lina, if the gays marry, then the terrorists win. Who will be able to work knowing the gays are married? Everyone's health was diminish so much that the healthcare crisis will be much worse. Tree will die all at once destroying the enviroment!

506798[/snapback]

:banghead Of course! The terrorists! how silly of me. They win if two men fall in-love and get married. :thumbdown Those gay unpatriotic people! :rolleyes:

Being a great speaker is more than just being able to pronounce some big words. Here's a guy who's never happy about anything. Just crying and carrying on about the downfall of society and the immorality that's tearing the nation apart because we all don't wander around spouting bible verses.

He's tired and he's a pompous bore.

silly liberals? waita take the discussion to mature levels.

So you pretty much admit that the Republicans are not engaging the political process and are putting up a sham campaign, avoiding issues critical to Illinois, and are preforming a publicity stunt.

506282[/snapback]

Excellent spin. It is extremely common for people of both parties to use a candidate for the mere fact of raising up issues and for publicity sometimes even negative against another candidate that they have no chance of winning against. This what the dems did when they ran mondale in 2002. He didnt stand a chance, and basically did what keyes is doing now

Being a great speaker is more than just being able to pronounce some big words. Here's a guy who's never happy about anything. Just crying and carrying on about the downfall of society and the immorality that's tearing the nation apart because we all don't wander around spouting bible verses.

He's tired and he's a pompous bore.

506836[/snapback]

go back and listen to his debates in 2000 and other speeches from further back up until now. The man is perhaps one of the best debaters and speakers in politics today. He is not a winner in terms of politics, but when he ran in the 2000 primaries he raised awareness on a lot of issues pertaining to small govt and excessive spending. He defeated both bush and mccain in a debate sqaurely, and did not once mention gays or morality, simply on fiscal responsibility.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.