sportscenter suks

Madman81

I think they just read what some guy gives them.. I dont even know that they're watching the highlites.

518317[/snapback]

Yup, that is the problem. The man who cut the highlights didn't get it right. Their job is to watch the game and they can't get these details right. I think SC shouldn't rush with things like this, but they want to be like a local newscast now with "Breaking" Sports News even though they have no competition.

Stuff like this and ESPN's inability to escape from the trap of overusing drama is why I don't watch ESPN anymore.

MLB would be better served by being on Bravo/USA/TBS/TNT and moving BBTN to the rumored Baseball Channel the owners wish to start.

518308[/snapback]

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. ESPN OWNS everything associated, besides the actual clips and team logos, with BBTN. You do realize the reporters on BBTN are under contract to ESPN and not MLB, don't you? :blink:

I think they just read what some guy gives them.. I dont even know that they're watching the highlites.

518317[/snapback]

you're wrong, i study this at the second best communications school in the country. ask fishfaninpa too.

518321[/snapback]

Well anyway, who gives a s***. The fact they led off with it was awesome and I had no problem with it.

518317[/snapback]

Yup, that is the problem. The man who cut the highlights didn't get it right. Their job is to watch the game and they can't get these details right. I think SC shouldn't rush with things like this, but they want to be like a local newscast now with "Breaking" Sports News even though they have no competition.

518324[/snapback]

no, they have very little detail on the sheet, but they have to come up with the info as they watch the highlight on the screen.

518317[/snapback]

you're wrong, i study this at the second best communications school in the country. ask fishfaninpa too.

518321[/snapback]

Well anyway, who gives a s***. The fact they led off with it was awesome and I had no problem with it.

518327[/snapback]

this is true. now make your buzz stronger. :)

Stuff like this and ESPN's inability to escape from the trap of overusing drama is why I don't watch ESPN anymore.

MLB would be better served by being on Bravo/USA/TBS/TNT and moving BBTN to the rumored Baseball Channel the owners wish to start.

518308[/snapback]

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. ESPN OWNS everything associated, besides the actual clips and team logos, with BBTN. You do realize the reporters on BBTN are under contract to ESPN and not MLB, don't you? :blink:

518325[/snapback]

You are correct, but MLB holds the BBTN rights. If baseball wanted to move BBTN, it would be as simple as when they moved from NBC to FOX. The talent's contract is up when the rights are up. An example of this is when Joe Morgan chose to not join FOX and joined ESPN in a larger capacity.

518308[/snapback]

518325[/snapback]

You are correct, but MLB holds the BBTN rights. If baseball wanted to move BBTN, it would be as simple as when they moved from NBC to FOX. The talent's contract is up when the rights are up. An example of this is when Joe Morgan chose to not join FOX and joined ESPN in a larger capacity.

518336[/snapback]

What rights do they hold? The trademark to the actual name and logo?

Gammons, Ravich, Reynolds, the nasty boys, etc., are all under contract to ESPN, not MLB. They could start their own highlight show, but they couldn't sign the people that make BBTN what it is until their contracts with ESPN are up.

518317[/snapback]

Nope they don't, they watch the highlights and get stat sheets and papers. If you didn't see the 25,000 Sportscenter where they went behind the scenes, watch the making of sportcenter coming up soon.

THE MAN MADE A MISTAKE, HAVE YOU EVER MADE A MISTAKE?

518331[/snapback]

Making a mistake once in a while is fine, making numerous mistakes every single night is unacceptable and that is the issue here, not just this one incident, it's the fact that it happens on a daily basis.

THE MAN MADE A MISTAKE, HAVE YOU EVER MADE A MISTAKE?

518331[/snapback]

Making a mistake once in a while is fine, making numerous mistakes every single night is unacceptable and that is the issue here, not just this one incident, it's the fact that it happens in a daily basis.

518348[/snapback]

I know! They are worse with names than Jack Mckeon :lol

MLB gave ESPN the rights to create BBTN (aka the highlight show) by allowing ESPN to have in game highlights and look-ins while the game is still in progress, even if ESPN isn't televising it.

518353[/snapback]

It is nice to see you avoiding answering my question. WHAT rights does MLB have to move BBTN from ESPN? They own the clips and the MLB logo, that's it!

Once again, explain to me how they can "move" BBTN from ESPN to their own network. Do they own the trademark to "Baseball Tonight"? Do they have all baseball announcers under contract and can overrule ESPN and FOX? Explain your complete BS point you made earlier in this thread.

MLB gave ESPN the rights to create BBTN (aka the highlight show) by allowing ESPN to have in game highlights and look-ins while the game is still in progress, even if ESPN isn't televising it.

518353[/snapback]

It is nice to see you avoiding answering my question. WHAT rights does MLB have to move BBTN from ESPN? They own the clips and the MLB logo, that's it!

Once again, explain to me how they can "move" BBTN from ESPN to their own network. Do they own the trademark to "Baseball Tonight"? Do they have all baseball announcers under contract and can overrule ESPN and FOX? Explain your complete BS point you made earlier in this thread.

518357[/snapback]

Baseball Tonight would be nothing without the highlights. The talent can be replaced. ESPN's BBTN rights contract runs out in 2006. All MLB sanctioned productions automatically becomes property of the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball. They could use another name than Baseball Tonight if ESPN objects....not that hard.

518353[/snapback]

518357[/snapback]

Baseball Tonight would be nothing without the highlights. The talent can be replaced. ESPN's BBTN rights contract runs out in 2006. All MLB sanctioned productions automatically becomes property of the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball. They could use another name than Baseball Tonight if ESPN objects....not that hard.

518361[/snapback]

Sure, it is quite easy for MLB to create their own highlight show, but you DID NOT say that. You said they could easily move BBTN to their own network. That statement is completely idiotic and you keep moving away from that absurd statement without admitting you are full of it.

Here, I'll help you out: US Trademark Office: ESPN owns "Baseball Tonight"

1. MLB has NO RIGHT in the name "Baseball Tonight."

2. The announcers on Baseball Tonight are under contract to ESPN, not MLB.

3. MLB would NEVER take away the right of ESPN to show baseball highlights. Their sport would suffer greatly once ESPN quit showing highlights of MLB.

Capefish, can you still not figure out why so many posters consider you a joke? You make completely absurd claims and never admit you're wrong once you are exposed. It is obvious you don't know dick about the business and legal worlds. Stop making stupid, incorrect statements regarding issues you don't have a clue about.

Go back and read your initial statement. I bet you STILL won't admit you were wrong after being exposed once again. :whistle

518353[/snapback]

518357[/snapback]

518361[/snapback]

Sure, it is quite easy for MLB to create their own highlight show, but you DID NOT say that. You said they could easily move BBTN to their own network. That statement is completely idiotic and you keep moving away from that absurd statement without admitting you are full of it.

3. MLB would NEVER take away the right of ESPN to show baseball highlights. Their sport would suffer greatly once ESPN quit showing highlights of MLB.

Capefish, can you still not figure out why so many posters consider you a joke? You make completely absurd claims and never admit you're wrong once you are exposed. It is obvious you don't know dick about the business and legal worlds. Stop making stupid, incorrect statements regarding issues you don't have a clue about.

Go back and read your initial statement. I bet you STILL won't admit you were wrong after being exposed once again. :whistle

518372[/snapback]

1. I said they could move the show, as in the highlight show. I said BBTN because that is what the highlight show is currently known as. It is similar to when FOX got the revived version of TWIB. NBC originally carried TWIB in that manner.

2. Announcers contracts have out clauses or run out at the same time BBTN's MLB contract with ESPN runs out. Carl is the only one who likely wouldn't leave if BBTN doesn't end up on ESPN in 2007.

3. They were pretty close a couple of years back when MLB sued ESPN for bumping Sunday Night Baseball to ESPN2 for Sunday Night Football.

I am not making an absurd claim. MLB could easily move the highlights show currently known as Baseball Tonight to whatever outlet the please once the ESPN contract runs out.

Nirvana keeps on making an argument claiming I said something that was absurd when it almost happened less than what...it seems 5 years ago? Part of the settlement with ESPN included making BBTN more important on the ESPN schedule. In exchange BBTN no longer got blacked out from anything. Back in the days of the Baseball Network (1994-95) BBTN couldn't go on the air until the last game of the night was done on a night when it was an ABC or NBC Baseball Night in America.

518353[/snapback]

518357[/snapback]

518361[/snapback]

518372[/snapback]

1. I said they could move the show, as in the highlight show. I said BBTN because that is what the highlight show is currently known as. It is similar to when FOX got the revived version of TWIB. NBC originally carried TWIB in that manner.

2. Announcers contracts have out clauses or run out at the same time BBTN's MLB contract with ESPN runs out. Carl is the only one who likely wouldn't leave if BBTN doesn't end up on ESPN in 2007.

3. They were pretty close a couple of years back when MLB sued ESPN for bumping Sunday Night Baseball to ESPN2 for Sunday Night Football.

I am not making an absurd claim. MLB could easily move the highlights show currently known as Baseball Tonight to whatever outlet the please once the ESPN contract runs out.

518375[/snapback]

In response to one, you said BBTN, not for MLB to create its own "highlight show." So by going by what you said, you were wrong. At least you halfway admitted it.

In response to two, unless ESPN has released the details of its employees' contracts, you have no idea what is in each person's contract.

In response to three, you have no clue what they were "close" to.

And in regard to your summary, you're wrong. It wouldn't "move" anything. MLB would CREATE its own. Unless ESPN offered to sell them the trademark, NOTHING will be moved from ESPN. This doesn't even get into the fact that MLB would NEVER take away ESPN's right to show highlights of finished games. ESPN would continue to have "Baseball Tonight" and show highlights even if they lost the TV contract. The popularity of the sport would greatly decrease once MLB highlights were no longer shown on ESPN.

Come on. Just admit you were wrong and get it over with. :whistle