The Packers get re-inforcements

Phlub

Okay the Packers have obviously been rennovating Lambeau Field for the past 3 years, and rennovation concludes in mid August. And already the Packers have jumped from 17 in the league in spending money to 10. Expected to wind up around the Top 5-7 when the dust settles, that equals trouble for opponenents even when Brett quits. Cuz we'll have the money to go get a QB. But that won't be nessacary, because Craig Nall will do fine. Not as good, but still be good.

And the Packer legacy will continue. The most successful team in the NFL since 1992, never recording a losing season. Worse record was 8-8. That says alot and how much Favre has carried us. But I think now we have enough young talent to continue to be good.

Just thought I should tell you all. For future reference.

Then your a bit dusty,

The Pack is the only team to not have a losing season since 1992 along with your Fins. But we have a better record...

1992: 9-7

1993: 9-7 (Playoffs)

1994: 10-6 (Playoffs)

1995: 11-5 (Division Championship, Playoffs, NFC Championship Appearance)

1996: 13-3 (Division Championship, Playoffs, NFC Championship, Super Bowl Champions)

1997: 13-3 (Division Championship, Playoffs, NFC Championship, Super Bowl Appearance)

1998: 11-5 (Playoffs)

1999: 8-8

2000: 9-7

2001: 12-4 (Playoffs)

2002: 12-4 (Division Championship, Playoffs)

Division Championships: 4

Playoff Appearances: 8

NFC Championship Appearances: 3

NFC Championship Victories: 2

Super Bowl Appearances: 2

Super Bowl Championships: 1

MVPs For Favre: 3

Super Bowl MVPs: 1

Winning Percentage: 659%

Losing Seasons: 0

Total Record: 116-60

Truly amazing what the Packers have done with Favre. Our last losing season was a 4-12 year in 1991. But thats no worry.

For all the Fin fans....

I don't know your year by year, but I do know that your records are this....

Total Record: 108-68

Winning Percentage: 613%

So that is a credit to what you guys have done. Good job. But we've still done better!

GO PACK GO! GO PACK GO! GO PACK GO! GO PACK GO! GO PACK GO! GO PACK GO! GO PACK GO! GO PACK GO!

For all the Fin fans....

I don't know your year by year, but I do know that your records are this....

Total Record: 108-68

Winning Percentage: 613%

So that is a credit to what you guys have done. Good job. But we've still done better!

You've done better over the past decade overall. We've done better over the past three decades overall... :p :D But does it really matter? :shifty :thumbup

Guest marlins02

at least you give us credit. i believe the late 80's were pretty bad for us WildCard. truth is i dont care about the past, i just want to win now. i want a parade down here with the Lombardi trophy (i know, PACKERS coach) more than anything. last year was heartbreaking.

Guest marlins02

27 years, thats sweet.

the most important number to me is 29: 29 years since a super bowl title. lets end this on the 30 year anniversary in January of 2004

Uh oh. Ross is right!

That makes it 15 years!

By the way Marlin----Green Bay has to end their 7 year SB drought next January. They already have their sideline in Houston reserved. So you guys can get there, but you'll have to settle for a loss. :p

GO PACK GO!

Uh oh. Ross is right!

That makes it 15 years!

By the way Marlin----Green Bay has to end their 7 year SB drought next January. They already have their sideline in Houston reserved. So you guys can get there, but you'll have to settle for a loss. :p

GO PACK GO!

Keep Dreaming..........

Guest marlins02

i knew '76 didnt sound right, i had heard that the late 80's were pretty bad for us.

Phlub, it sounds good January, 2004 in Reliant Stadium, Dolphins-Packers. but dont be so sure about the losing part, anything can happen in one game. now if we can just avoid getting the damn Wildcard, i hate that spot already (no offense wildcard). it holds us down.

RUN RICKY RUN!!! damn i wish i couldve renewed my season tickets

Thats what I want Green Bay/Miami---Reliant Stadium, Houston

And well Minus with 12 NFL World Championships, I don't have to dream. You guys are sitting at 2 (correct me if I am wrong). So you have around 10 championships to make up.

But anyways just so you all know the Pack is gonna be around for about 3-5 years after Favre.

Especially with the young core of talent we have. We really are a young team. And thats whats so scary.

Doesn't matter. 12 is 12. Period. And that is the number that has to be passed officially.

Sorry guys.

And now you just said the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Green Bay gets more credit then it deserves. Thats crap! If anything I should be giving it more credit.

How can you have a better history then....

City Stadium?

Curly Lambeau?

1921?

Lambeau Field?

The Best Fans in Sports (according to ESPN)?

The "Ultimate Team" as done by ESPN?

Don Hutson, Arnie Herber?

Vince Lombardi? Max McGee (who is a personal friend of me and my Dad)? Bart Starr? Hornung? Taylor? Nitschke? Wood? Jeter? Davis? Robinson? Thurston? Kramer? Favre? Green? Coffman? Jefferson?

We will have 30 guys in the Hall of Fame when James Lofton is inducted this August. 30! That ties the Bears (grr) for the most ever.

We still have more Super Bowls then the Dolphins minus the NFL Championships pre-Super Bowl Era.

Either way you twist or turn it Minus, Green Bay is the most historic and successful team to ever play football. PERIOD. No team matches Green Bay in History, Success, Fans, Legacy, and damn near everything else.

GO PACK GO!

Guest marlins02

I hate to admit it, but when it comes to history and traidition in the 83 years of pro football, the Packers are it. although the Bears are right up there also

At least Marlins is a realist. And so am I.

There is no question the Packers are head and shoulders everything football is and was.

And as much as this hurts me, in a distant 2nd in history and tradition....

highlight the line right underneath this...

the bears

there i said it (highlight)the bears are a distant 2nd in history and tradition to my men of cheese. My most hated rival (highlight)the bears are a distant 2nd to my Packers in history.

That hurt guys, but damn it feels good to get it off my chest!

Doesn't matter. 12 is 12. Period. And that is the number that has to be passed officially.

Sorry guys.

And now you just said the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Green Bay gets more credit then it deserves. Thats crap! If anything I should be giving it more credit.

How can you have a better history then....

City Stadium?

Curly Lambeau?

1921?

Lambeau Field?

The Best Fans in Sports (according to ESPN)?

The "Ultimate Team" as done by ESPN?

Don Hutson, Arnie Herber?

Vince Lombardi? Max McGee (who is a personal friend of me and my Dad)? Bart Starr? Hornung? Taylor? Nitschke? Wood? Jeter? Davis? Robinson? Thurston? Kramer? Favre? Green? Coffman? Jefferson?

We will have 30 guys in the Hall of Fame when James Lofton is inducted this August. 30! That ties the Bears (grr) for the most ever.

We still have more Super Bowls then the Dolphins minus the NFL Championships pre-Super Bowl Era.

Either way you twist or turn it Minus, Green Bay is the most historic and successful team to ever play football. PERIOD. No team matches Green Bay in History, Success, Fans, Legacy, and damn near everything else.

GO PACK GO!

Sorry I don't share your same opinion base on post NFL era and it was total different league back in those days.No doubt Green Bay still has rich history even if you don't take into account post NFL era.To me what matter is after the NFL was form not back when there was two different leagues.

Guest marlins02

what are you talking about? the NFL was formed in 1919 and the pack was one of the original members. what is this post NFL era your talking about. the AFL started way after and didnt last that long until it merged with the NFL ( idont know the length so someone has to look that up). think of the names involved in Packers history, phlub has mentioned alot of them. earlier i said i want Miami to get the Lombardi trophy, who was that trophy named after? what your saying is like saying you dont care what the Yankees did before the bigs were intergrated because not everybody participated. or saying the Celtics 8 straight titles arent that impressive because of when it was done.

Here minus your an idiot if this doesnt convince you....

83 years going on 84 years come Sept. 4.

The Packers were one of the original 5 teams.

Curly Lambeau a meat packer (hence our name) at a Meat Packing Plant in Green Bay wanted to start a football team. So everyone at his plant chipped in.

Curly Lambeau won 6 NFL Titles as a Player/Coach. Arnie Herber one of the great QBs of the day also with him.

Curly Lambeaus legendary Rivalry with "The Poppa Bear" George Halas. The 2 never shook hands, bitter rivals to the end. When Lambeau died at 67, Halas revealed just how good of friends they were in a tear ridden eulogy at Lambeaus funeral.

City Stadium was where they played, it was right by Green Bay East High School.

Don Hutson, arguably the best WR ever (Rice, and Cris Carter are the best in my opinion) played with the likes of Herber, and Lambeau (remember Lambeau was a player/coach)

Fast Forward to 1955, Lambeau Field now built, first year. The first modern NFL stadium, all football historians agree that if Lambeau wasn't built, because of it being the first modern stadium football would have died.

1957, Bart Starr is drafted.

1959, Vince Lombardi is hired.

Lombardi took the Packers to 6, yes 6, Championship Games in SEVEN YEARS! He won 5 of them! Best coach ever in football, easy. Lombardi also had a legendary rivalry with Halas.

Lambeau dies in the 60's, Halas gives a tearful eulogy to his friend.

The Packers win the first 2 ever Super Bowls. In the 70s and 80s we were the "Stinky Cheese Men".

Early 1970's Bob Harlan (now the teams President) is hired as a Talent Scout.

1991, Ron Wolf hired as GM.

1992, Mike Holmgren Named Head Coach of the Packers.

Brett Favre in acquired in trade from Atlanta.

1993, the first year of free Agency and the Pack Lands Reggie White.

1995, Pack wins first division championship in over 20 years. Makes first appearance in NFC Championship game in over 20 years.

1996, Division Champions, Super Bowl Champions. Their 12th world championship

1997, Division Champions, NFC Champions, Lose Super Bowl to Broncos

1998, Holmgren leaves for Seattle

2000, Mike Sherman Hired

Ahman Green acquired in Trade from Seattle

2002, Division Champions

Brett Favre- 3 Time MVP

Bart Starr- 2 Time Super Bowl MVP, 1 NFL MVP

30 Hall of Famers (when Jefferson is inducted in August) which will tie the Bears for first all time.

12 World Championships.

Easily the best fans in the NFL, always have been. (sorry fin fans, you gotta admit)

The Packers are the most sucessful team in football since 1992. The Packers have sold out every game now for almost 20 years. A streak not even close to being touched. That shows how good our fans are.

Lambeau Field, the ghosts of Lambeau, Lombardi, and Nitschke haunt opposing teams almost as much as Favres bullets and Greens dashes.

The Lambeau Leap.

Cheesheads traveling across the world just to see their Packers play in a PreSeason game in Tokyo!

Minus if you can find a team with half the history that the Packers have, I will worship you. But see there isn't a team with a third of the history Green Bay has. The Smallest Town Team in the NFL is also the one with the most fans (check the polls) and the biggest following and most tradition.

You can't argue anything I've just said.

Because without the Packers the NFL would never be. And thats the serious truth. Lambeau Field was the first modern NFL Stadium, and if it were never built, the NFL would have never financially survived.

NFL=Packers

Packers=NFL

Minus so your saying what the Packers did didn't count because there wasn't that much teams? I bet you wouldnt say that if it were the Dolphins. So if you say what we did doesnt count because there wasn't that much teams around, I guess that undefeated 1972 season doesn't count in your books then? :rolleyes:

Period. Checkmate. Game, set, match.

I like the Packers.

They are the standard by which all franchises are judged by.

What I dont understand is why the Lambeau Leap is allowed and other touchdown celebrations are not...that has always made me wonder.

Of course when the NFL started outlawing players expressing emotions and celebrating after a touchdown, thats when I started enjoying college footbal all in all more than the NFL...because there is more 'fun'..Also you cannot beat a college atmosphere for a game....I am reminded of another storied program in the midwest. I assume you can figure it out.

Regardless...the Packers are the standard. I like them. I hope to be able to attend a game there eventually.

They will never match my love of the Cowboys, where there have had a number of great players...why they have gotten the shaft by the Hall of Fame I cannot understand.

While the Packers are the most loved team in the NFL, the Cowboys are the most hated.

I guess thats a good thing....the legions of fans for both teams are right up there with each other.

I find it hard pressed to meet dedication for one's team overall than Green Bay fans.

Although Dallas fans remain very close in their dedication of their team all over the country.

Here minus your an idiot if this doesnt convince you....

83 years going on 84 years come Sept. 4.

The Packers were one of the original 5 teams.?

Curly Lambeau a meat packer (hence our name) at a Meat Packing Plant in Green Bay wanted to start a football team.? So everyone at his plant chipped in.

Curly Lambeau won 6 NFL Titles as a Player/Coach.? Arnie Herber one of the great QBs of the day also with him.?

Curly Lambeaus legendary Rivalry with "The Poppa Bear" George Halas.? The 2 never shook hands, bitter rivals to the end.? When Lambeau died at 67, Halas revealed just how good of friends they were in a tear ridden eulogy at Lambeaus funeral.

City Stadium was where they played, it was right by Green Bay East High School.

Don Hutson, arguably the best WR ever (Rice, and Cris Carter are the best in my opinion) played with the likes of Herber, and Lambeau (remember Lambeau was a player/coach)

Fast Forward to 1955, Lambeau Field now built, first year.? The first modern NFL stadium, all football historians agree that if Lambeau wasn't built, because of it being the first modern stadium football would have died.

1957, Bart Starr is drafted.

1959, Vince Lombardi is hired.?

Lombardi took the Packers to 6, yes 6, Championship Games in SEVEN YEARS!? He won 5 of them!? Best coach ever in football, easy.? Lombardi also had a legendary rivalry with Halas.?

Lambeau dies in the 60's, Halas gives a tearful eulogy to his friend.

The Packers win the first 2 ever Super Bowls.? In the 70s and 80s we were the "Stinky Cheese Men".

Early 1970's Bob Harlan (now the teams President) is hired as a Talent Scout.

1991, Ron Wolf hired as GM.?

1992, Mike Holmgren Named Head Coach of the Packers.

? ? ? ?? Brett Favre in acquired in trade from Atlanta.

1993, the first year of free Agency and the Pack Lands Reggie White.

1995, Pack wins first division championship in over 20 years.? Makes first appearance in NFC Championship game in over 20 years.

1996, Division Champions, Super Bowl Champions.? Their 12th world championship

1997, Division Champions, NFC Champions, Lose Super Bowl to Broncos

1998, Holmgren leaves for Seattle

2000, Mike Sherman Hired

? ? ? ?? Ahman Green acquired in Trade from Seattle

2002, Division Champions

Brett Favre- 3 Time MVP

Bart Starr- 2 Time Super Bowl MVP, 1 NFL MVP

30 Hall of Famers (when Jefferson is inducted in August) which will tie the Bears for first all time.

12 World Championships.?

Easily the best fans in the NFL, always have been.? (sorry fin fans, you gotta admit)

The Packers are the most sucessful team in football since 1992.? The Packers have sold out every game now for almost 20 years.? A streak not even close to being touched.? That shows how good our fans are.

Lambeau Field, the ghosts of Lambeau, Lombardi, and Nitschke haunt opposing teams almost as much as Favres bullets and Greens dashes.

The Lambeau Leap.

Cheesheads traveling across the world just to see their Packers play in a PreSeason game in Tokyo!

Minus if you can find a team with half the history that the Packers have, I will worship you.? But see there isn't a team with a third of the history Green Bay has.?? The Smallest Town Team in the NFL is also the one with the most fans (check the polls) and the biggest following and most tradition.

You can't argue anything I've just said.

Because without the Packers the NFL would never be.? And thats the serious truth.? Lambeau Field was the first modern NFL Stadium, and if it were never built, the NFL would have never financially survived.

NFL=Packers

Packers=NFL

Minus so your saying what the Packers did didn't count because there wasn't that much teams?? I bet you wouldnt say that if it were the Dolphins. So if you say what we did doesnt count because there wasn't that much teams around, I guess that undefeated 1972 season doesn't count in your books then? :rolleyes:

Period.? Checkmate. Game, set, match.

So you have gone low enough to start insulting people who don't share your same opinion.I don't care if you write 10,000 words essay on the history of Green Bay.You aren't going change my opinion you idiot.Those 10 "World Championships is what I really don't care".As as I know the Packer have as many championships as Dolphins and that will be two.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.