Fenway Park bans "Yankees Suck" t-shirts

Accord

From BostonDirtDogs.com

Brass Tacks on Smart Policy: The Boston Red Sox have finally come to their senses and recently formally instituted a new policy that bans all t-shirts that feature the 1990's paranoid inferiority complex phrase "Yankees Suck" (which does more to promote the team from New York and does nothing to support Boston) and/or related anti-Yankees slogans from Fenway Park. Ticket holders wearing the embarassing shirts are now asked to turn the low-rent vulgar t's inside out or change them before entering the gates at Fenway. Point: Lucchino. No decision has been made regarding the banning of any shirts that have the word "Curse" printed on them, which of course promotes some sort of curse no matter what it says in front of the "C" word. Read Hench's Yankees Suck? No Such Luck.

"It makes us look, as a community, like idiots." -- Bill Burt, WEEI's The Big Show on the YS shirt wearing fandom

"Maybe they finally realized that after 86 years of winning nothing and countless wild cards later that THEY are in fact the team that sucks and not the Yankees?" -- Dooley Womack, nyyfans.com

"I've stated many times that there is ZERO hatred on the field between these two teams (Red Sox-Yankees), for the most part, zero. Probably as much respect as anything... The hatred part is in the stands and in the media, they need that sorta stuff for material, and they make it into their own little story often times. What they don't make up, fans seem to give them willingly." -- Curt Schilling

The shirts will still be available for sale outside Fenway. :whistle

525706[/snapback]

Those shirts outside Fenway are classic.

It bothers me when the Red Sox are winning like 8-2 and everyone starts chanting "Yankees Suck". Concentrate on your own damn game and quit woorying about a team you're never going to catch.

outside Fenway is fine (I almost bought a "Yankees Suck shirt outside of Fenway, but the cops broke it up, since they didnt have a permit to sell em there)...but inside the stadium is totally unclassy (is that a word?)...

if it's being sold inside the stadium, it's a direct reflection on the organization..not just the fans.

Good move Sox.

What a DUMB move. Totally unclassy? Gimme a ****in' break. If you're a die hard red sock fan you sure are gonna hate the Yankees. I see nothing wrong with those shirts.

Oh please. This is something like telling Steeler fans they can't wear anti-Browns gear into the games.

outside Fenway is fine (I almost bought a "Yankees Suck shirt outside of Fenway, but the cops broke it up, since they didnt have a permit to sell em there)...but inside the stadium is totally unclassy (is that a word?)...

if it's being sold inside the stadium, it's a direct reflection on the organization..not just the fans.

Good move Sox.

525722[/snapback]

Naw, I'm pretty sure it meant you can't wear it in Fenway - - they don't sell it there.

Just because the Sox banned the T's, doesn't mean they still won't be sold.

The Vikings banned people from selling "Favre Swallows", "Weggie White", "Favre Blows" T-Shirts outside the Metrodome years ago and the same damn people are there year after year selling more and more Anti-Packers shirts.

Same deal at Lambeau with Drunken vendors selling "Urlach's the skills", "Randy Loss", "Daunte Culpecker" T-Shirts and things of that nature have been banned for 5-6 years and the same idiots are still there every Sunday selling the same friggin shirts.

So to me this seems to be more of a PR move then anything.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.