Put me in coach I'm ready to play

Marlins2003

So there I am, glove at the ready, Aaron Miles at bat and oh my God here comes another upperdeck foul ball. And unlike last nights' which was was a hard line drive shot off the bat of Todd Helton, this one is high, really high.

I stand, I pat the pocket of my glove, I feel the ball tugging at the webbing, I squeeze it closed and voila...my second foul ball catch (and a dandy if I do say so myself) in less than twenty-four hours.

My kid is stunned, my section is applauding and I am in seventh heaven. The baseball gods are smiling and I can't believe how my luck has changed. Needless to say I bought Lottery tickets on the way home.

Two foul balls, two Marlins wins. Two teams ahead of us in the wildcard lose.

Tune in tomorrow.

:brigginbounce

Three months your elder.? You just had your birthday on here, I remember, and mine is in May, same year, so I got you by 3 months.

530561[/snapback]

Well, you smell like fish :thumbdown

530564[/snapback]

psh, uh huh, yeah sure, whatever.... check your pm box hee seop demands it!

:wacko :

umm so yeah back to the topic...that's an amazing coincidence.

530562[/snapback]

My sentiments exactly...you wait fifty years and the next thing you know it happens twice in two games...the odds are staggering.

And to Holly, if you were to draw a line from first base to homeplate and then continued it up into the upperdeck that's where I sit, 454, row 1.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.