Tim Couch

Marlins Phenom

Adds a lot more confusion to a place where we dont need anymore

544424[/snapback]

Why? Doesnt mean he starts in Week 1. But if we sign him tomorrow (Monday) He can study the offense and start in Week 2.

544425[/snapback]

Are you serious?

Please tell me you know better than this.

I'm honestly stunned he got cut, but he's not gonna learn the offense in a week or 2. That takes time.

Whoever signs him, and someone surely will, will do so for insurance. It's gonna take a while, with limited reps, for him to learn someone's book.

Adds a lot more confusion to a place where we dont need anymore

544424[/snapback]

Why? Doesnt mean he starts in Week 1. But if we sign him tomorrow (Monday) He can study the offense and start in Week 2.

544425[/snapback]

Are you serious?

Please tell me you know better than this.

I'm honestly stunned he got cut, but he's not gonna learn the offense in a week or 2. That takes time.

Whoever signs him, and someone surely will, will do so for insurance. It's gonna take a while, with limited reps, for him to learn someone's book.

544431[/snapback]

Yes i know his not going to learn everything in a week or two. But he sure can learn the most important things.

Tim Couch has always been overrated.

He played in an offensive system very similar to the Texas Tech system.

And where is Kliff Kingsbury or BJ Symons?

For that matter where is Jared Lorenzen who played the same Kentucky offense?

544483[/snapback]

There's still a big difference Das.

Look, I can't stand Cleveland and this all amuses me, but he really wasn't that bad up there. He had no offensive line, got clobbered all the time, and lost his confidence. It didn't help that Butch Davis hated him and was in love with that mediocre piece of doo-doo that is Kelly Holcomb.

Look at some of the games where he got protection, he was good. He can play in this league.

Couch has always had the talent. He was the top HS recruit in the country when he came to Kentucky (under Bill Curry bleh). He's always had the talent, and as Big Hugg said, he's more than just a product of the system...he's shown he can succeed in the NFL.

He has ALL the NFL tools.

The Browns were smarter than you give them credit....they know better (as does every team in the NFL) than to draft with their 1st pick, a "product of the system" or else Danny Wuerfell wouldn't have gone in the 4th round, but rather 1st round, especially after winning the Heisman.

one thing Couch has going for him is that most NFL offenses are variously similar (with players and coaches moving from team to team), and since there isn't a large # of teams (like in college football), watching film on other teams can be much more in-depth.

It also isn't like learning a college offense because NFLers have football, football, and football all day...no classes.

Also, he's going to be reading the same coverages of the same defenses...

while couch does have physical skills, i question whether he can ever lead a team to anything of value.

i dont think couch is a great leader, which is one of the most important aspects of being a successful quarterback.

while couch may not be a true product of the system, the kentucky system is what got him the number 1 pick in the nfl draft.

did you guys not watch the preseason? this couch guy sucked. hes not better than AJ or Jay

544524[/snapback]

so if thats the case, players like Travis Jervey and John Avery should be starting runningbacks in this league

preseason means jackshit for the most part and I believe Couch had a nagging injury in his throwing arm anyway

Couch can be a starter in this league

does this mean win a championship, or "lead" their team to some sort of success? I'll assume the former....

Brad Johnson....definitely not a leader....not a cancer, but not a leader

Tony Banks/Trent Dilfer....neither were leaders (in fact, one could state just the opposite from previous or future experiences for both players)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.