What has been your favorite field trip?

miami15

in middle school i used to go bowling every year...bowling field trips are common but since i had the same class for 3 years we knew each other well and it was super fun

545346[/snapback]

Aren't field trips supposed to have educational value? Only thing bowling teaches is how to make you into white trash.

:p

I don't know if it's really considered a field trip, but the best one was Grad Nite. We caused chaos at the Magic Kingdom. LOL

Honorable mentions:

1. 8th grade trip to Bayside. We had lunch at the Hard Rock and then went on the party boat to boogie down.

2. Miami Seaquarium in 11th grade with my History teacher. We were supposed to go with some orphans from an orphanage but that never happened, but we just went on our own anyway.

my 5th grade safety patrol trip to DC was awesome.

i dont think most schools do it anymore, but it was a great experience...my entire class, other 5th graders, and random teacher chaperones took amtrak to DC. there, we met up with a huge blizzard that managed to hit much of the eastern seaboard. lots of stuff was closed, but we still got to see several landmarks, and i got to play in tons of snow. all around, that was an extremely memorable trip.

for a fun trip in 11th grade we went to bayside with my homeque class. we just wandered around and met up at the end of the day with the teacher. it was so funny. all there was was one teacher and a sign language interpreter and like 35 kids. it was tight. me and my homies from the class went to hooters for lunch and were just clownin all over bayside from 9am -2pm.

for 12 grade i enjoyed going to parrot jungle and to the replica ship of the amestad. clownin times..

i dont think most schools do it anymore, but it was a great experience...my entire class, other 5th graders, and random teacher chaperones took amtrak to DC. there, we met up with a huge blizzard that managed to hit much of the eastern seaboard. lots of stuff was closed, but we still got to see several landmarks, and i got to play in tons of snow. all around, that was an extremely memorable trip.

545559[/snapback]

so about a 18 hr trip to dc? id hate to take little kids on a amtrak ride that long. and u guys were on coach class probly and couldnt sleep much...

It isnt really a field trip but at the end of July I went to the National Mu Alpha Theta convention in Huntsville Alabama, which is the national math competetion, with the Stoneman Douglas math team. Our school won 1st in the nation for the 3rd straight year and 5th time overall.

Stoneman Douglas owns Mu Alpha Theta competition.

545559[/snapback]

jeez only place they take the safety patrols in my school was to pizza hut :(

I haven't really had any good fieldtrips. Most of them had to do with gifted therefore they sucked...one time my teacher took us a restaurant with a rainforest theme? Just to eat? Wtf?

545304[/snapback]

Rainforest cafe!

That place used to be awesome.

I used to love going on Field Trips because I'm the kind of guy who gets a thrill out of learning (outside the classroom anyways), plus we usually went interesting places like the Everglades on a science experiment or the Miami Youth Museum when it used to be open. Plus we missed school, good times.

I'd still say my best trip was closeup, if it counts. If it doesn't, I'll go with Grad Bash to Universal Studios. The trip and the night itself was pretty boring, but since we were all there en la pachanga the experience was great.