How would you feel if we kept Valdez for next year

Iowa

*I'm not sure what his contract is or whatever so I plead ignorance if we already have him locked up for next year*

I've been pleasantly surprised with Ismael.. Yea he has his moments when he gets beat pretty bad but for the most part, he has kept us in games and given us a chance to win.. 4-2 with a 3.45 ERA in 8 starts with us. I don't think I'd have a problem with him being our 4th-5th starter next year... hopefully 5th :whistle

*I'm not sure what his contract is or whatever so I plead ignorance if we already have him locked up for next year*

I've been pleasantly surprised with Ismael.. Yea he has his moments when he gets beat pretty bad but for the most part, he has kept us in games and given us a chance to win.. 4-2 with a 3.45 ERA in 8 starts with us. I don't think I'd have a problem with him being our 4th-5th starter next year... hopefully 5th :whistle

565203[/snapback]

I have nothing against him.

I like Valdez, he has done what you expect out of your 5th starter, keep the team in games, he is going to get hit hard some games..but he keeps the other team to at most 4 runs in most of his starts, and that keeps the offense in it.....All I can say is that he is better then..Oliver, Bump, Kensing, and i sure trust him more then anyone else in the orginization to take that 5th spot

whatever he'll make in free agency (which won't be much) will be more than what he's worth because of that deceptive w/l.

he doesn't have the endurance of normal starters, and he gives up almost 2 homers per 9 innings despite pitching in petco and pro player.

i'm very pleased with what he has done for us so far, but for some reason i don't think he'll be able to keep it up. personally, i think he has little upside.

if we can't re-sign carl, then we might as well keep valdez, but i'd rather look elsewhere for a reliable #5 should we manage to keep carl.

I don't have anything against Valdez either except his stuff isn't what it used to be....

If we have Pavano, AJ, Josh, and Willis, then yes Valdez is fine as a #5. If we lose Pavano, I'd rather look to upgrade Valdez's spot.

Mainly he's okay unless we have a kid who's ready to make the jump. I wouldn't shell out much $$ for him though.

If I had to choose Valdez or Small/Kensing/Weathers/Bump, I'll take Valdez every time. Solid #5 guy.

565362[/snapback]

Agree -- In addition to being a solid #5 starter, he brings a certain veteran presence to this team that is very useful. It is for that same reason that I hope the Fish see fit to bring back Damion Easley.....what a valuable player he has been. I want him back.

whatever he'll make in free agency (which won't be much) will be more than what he's worth because of that deceptive w/l.

he doesn't have the endurance of normal starters, and he gives up almost 2 homers per 9 innings despite pitching in petco and pro player.

i'm very pleased with what he has done for us so far, but for some reason i don't think he'll be able to keep it up. personally, i think he has little upside.

if we can't re-sign carl, then we might as well keep valdez, but i'd rather look elsewhere for a reliable #5 should we manage to keep carl.

565310[/snapback]

:thumbup

Heh.

:plain