Please people do me a favor......

Craig

Just enjoy the rest of your season.

I'm so tired of hearing "well if we win 12 in a row and 4 other teams play below .500, we are going to the playoffs!" kind of crap.

Are you still alive?? Yes. Are you going to win the wild card?? I'd say 95 percent likely the answer to that question is no. So please, you've had a great year, just enjoy the last couple of weeks, and if you make a miracle run, it's all good, but if not, just don't act all shocked like your the favorites to make the playoffs right now because your not.

And for all you haters, yes I know the white sox haven't won a world series since 1917, yes I know we suck, and yes I'm a douche, so save the personal attacks for another thread.

well, you're right...

but its good to be optimistic...

566635[/snapback]

Thank you!! :thumbup

And that's fair enough if you want to be optimistic, I won't argue with that.

566639[/snapback]

Then what is your point? If some people want to cling to hope and find a scenario that will work - despite its probability - what is wrong with that? Remember, you are a White Sox fan - you are used to being out of it early. :o :p

well, you're right...

but its good to be optimistic...

566635[/snapback]

Thank you!! :thumbup

And that's fair enough if you want to be optimistic, I won't argue with that.

566639[/snapback]

Then what is your point? If some people want to cling to hope and find a scenario that will work - despite its probability - what is wrong with that? Remember, you are a White Sox fan - you are used to being out of it early. :o :p

566643[/snapback]

My point is, folks around here actually think the Marlins will make the playoffs.

If you want to be optimistic and come up with senarios to make the playoffs that's one thing, but people around here actually think it's likely the Marlins will win the Wild Card, which it's not.

So?

Everyone starts off the season thinking their team has a chance to win the World Series - but they dont. What is wrong with dreaming? It doesnt hurt anyone. And the WC is a lot more likely to happen than a World Series victory.

Besides, you cant blame the fans of a team that won it all in dramatic fashion last season to do the same this year.

So?

Everyone starts off the season thinking their team has a chance to win the World Series - but they dont. What is wrong with dreaming? It doesnt hurt anyone. And the WC is a lot more likely to happen than a World Series victory.

Besides, you cant blame the fans of a team that won it all in dramatic fashion last season to do the same this year.

566655[/snapback]

So, let me ask you, do you think the Marlins will go 12-0 or 11-1 to finish out the year and 4 other teams will collapse??

So?

Everyone starts off the season thinking their team has a chance to win the World Series - but they dont.? What is wrong with dreaming?? It doesnt hurt anyone.? And the WC is a lot more likely to happen than a World Series victory.

566655[/snapback]

So, let me ask you, do you think the Marlins will go 12-0 or 11-1 to finish out the year and 4 other teams will collapse??

566656[/snapback]

It is possible, yes. You never know what can happen. I dont see any reason to throw in the towel. If you want to tailor more 'real' expectations, then go right ahead. I wont stop you. Just realize that reality is very subjective.

So?

Everyone starts off the season thinking their team has a chance to win the World Series - but they dont.? What is wrong with dreaming?? It doesnt hurt anyone.? And the WC is a lot more likely to happen than a World Series victory.

566655[/snapback]

566656[/snapback]

It is possible, yes. You never know what can happen. I dont see any reason to throw in the towel. If you want to tailor more 'real' expectations, then go right ahead. I wont stop you. Just realize that reality is very subjective.

566668[/snapback]

Fair enough I suppose. :cool

You're a good sport and that is appreciated.

And now that I am in Chi-town, I am leaning towards being a White Sox fan over Cubs. I just find their team more fascinating than the Cubs.

566675[/snapback]

:lol Stay a Marlins fan, at least they will win something once in a while......

But if you are looking for an alternate time to like, be a White Sox fan. Being a Cubs fan is wrong, pathetic, and depressing on so many levels.

566656[/snapback]

"We're not throwing in the towel," said manager Jack McKeon. "My first year in baseball, in 1949, we were six out with 12 games to go, and we won 12 in a row." :thumbup

566656[/snapback]

"We're not throwing in the towel," said manager Jack McKeon. "My first year in baseball, in 1949, we were six out with 12 games to go, and we won 12 in a row." :thumbup

566682[/snapback]

He fails to mention what the teams 4 and 5 games ahead of his did. :plain

566656[/snapback]

566682[/snapback]

He fails to mention what the teams 4 and 5 games ahead of his did. :plain

566685[/snapback]

lol. Good point....then i guess I'm just answering the first question :thumbup

I'm so tired of hearing "well if we win 12 in a row and 4 other teams play below .500, we are going to the playoffs!" kind of crap.

Are you still alive?? Yes. Are you going to win the wild card?? I'd say 95 percent likely the answer to that question is no. So please, you've had a great year, just enjoy the last couple of weeks, and if you make a miracle run, it's all good, but if not, just don't act all shocked like your the favorites to make the playoffs right now because your not.

And for all you haters, yes I know the white sox haven't won a world series since 1917, yes I know we suck, and yes I'm a douche, so save the personal attacks for another thread.

566632[/snapback]

lolol

I caught the 2nd game of the double header and did just what you suggested.....enjoyed the game.

566632[/snapback]

dont tell me how to root for my team :thumbup

right...lol big words from a lil man, r u bitter because the twins won the central agian? oh just for kicks when the hell is the last time u won a series in the post season i think in 93 u went 1 and done and in 2000 1 and done agian,while the marlins have never lost a series in the post season...dont come here and say we have no shot when ur team hasent done nething for liike 200 years.just because ur season is over in june dosent mean u have to be a bitter basterd