Some pictures of dead Iraqi children

Shamrock

Where are the pictures from the 80's and 90's when Saddam poisoned thousands? Did you forget those already? This was not a war for nothing.

569690[/snapback]

Is that worth the loss of over 1,000 American husbands, fathers, and sons?

569697[/snapback]

A life is a life. If not stopped it would have grown into a monster. Look at Nazi Germany.

Where are the pictures from the 80's and 90's when Saddam poisoned thousands? Did you forget those already? This was not a war for nothing.

569690[/snapback]

569697[/snapback]

A life is a life. If not stopped it would have grown into a monster. Look at Nazi Germany.

569699[/snapback]

The guy's been there for over 20 years. He's not in any level near Nazi Germany. He didnt try to take away neighboring countries over and kill millions of innocent people from bordering countries.

Yes I know he killed a lot of his own people and it was wrong but it isnt worth our own American lives.

And this is far from over so I wouldnt be suprised if the death toll gets to well over 1,500.

Oh and wasnt this a war on Nuclear Weapons according to Bush to go to war..oh wait no WMD found so now he says hes doing it for the good of the Iraqi's who most if asked if they had a choice of American occupied Iraq or Saddam Iraq they would pick Saddam Iraq just because it was stable, predictable and provided most everyday people with protection. Unlike now where they have to hide in their house and cant leave at night without being terrorized.

How I love Bush.

Guest Moneyball

569690[/snapback]

569697[/snapback]

569699[/snapback]

The guy's been there for over 20 years. He's not in any level near Nazi Germany. He didnt try to take away neighboring countries over and kill millions of innocent people from bordering countries.

569725[/snapback]

last time i remembered saddam invaded iran and kuwait.... :plain

Guest Moneyball

you guys jump on these pictures but discredit the pictures of people in the other parts of iraq not being terrorized going to school, going to work, and trying to rebuild their country. this is a reality of war people sadly we have to live with it. and no this war ain't for nothing.

569690[/snapback]

569697[/snapback]

you're right, the war wasn't good for us.

it was brainless and really did nothing to keep us safe. america is worse off today than it was before the war.

now the iraqis, on the other hand...the war was great for them.

truthfully, i don't feel particularly bad about civilian casualties. as most polls (and common sense) will tell you, the iraqis are much better off today than they were with saddam. any invasion of this magnitude by any other (less sophisticated) military force would have produced far, far more civilian casualties. i'd also bet a barrel of cash that some of those bloodied children weren't even touched by american gunfire, but that's beside the point.

If you disagree with this war because we had no right cause to go over there, that's one thing, if you disagree because we've lost soldiers, that's another thing......

BUT to say "dead Iraqi children" and that they died "because we are fighting a war there that should have never started" is why we shouldn't be there is flat out ignorant, as there would have been MANY MANY more children (and women, and men) of Iraqi descent dead due to Saddam's rule than there have been due to our occupation of the country.

569690[/snapback]

Good thing the bleeding heart conservatives realize that only Iraq has had horrible dictators. Africa and East Asia are irrelevant I guess.

:thumbup

569690[/snapback]

This brings up a bigger can of worms. Where did Saddam get this gas? Us? uh-huh. Is this now the justification for war? This is the one issue Republicans annoy me to no end with.

569690[/snapback]

I can post pictures from The Janjaweed, you know brutal killings happening right now, you know a situation that is so horrible that simply reading about it, is brutal, and affecting the lives of way too many.

If your arguement is the Iraqi People than why the hell weren't we thinking about the other nations of the world? That can't be answered with a straight face to say Iraq was some how far worse than those other nations that it required military action. So I just don't see how anyone can make the case that it's The Iraq People this was for and really mean it.

569690[/snapback]

Good thing the bleeding heart conservatives realize that only Iraq has had horrible dictators. Africa and East Asia are irrelevant I guess.

:thumbup

569901[/snapback]

When they show the true colors and ignore the other events, they just blame liberals for somehow preventing anything from happening.

Notice how you didnt hear anyone crying about the people of Iraq until W said he needed to invade?

http://web.amnesty.org/actforwomen/373-300804-event-eng

http://web.amnesty.org/actforwomen/tmp-300804-action-eng

(US ally in the war on terror)

http://web.amnesty.org/pages/sdn-index-eng

The usual response is to blame the weak UN as a scapegoat.

569690[/snapback]

Two wrongs don't make a right. :plain

569690[/snapback]

569697[/snapback]

569699[/snapback]

569725[/snapback]

569744[/snapback]

You don't want to me to list the amount of countries the US has invaded.

569690[/snapback]

569697[/snapback]

you're right, the war wasn't good for us.

it was brainless and really did nothing to keep us safe. america is worse off today than it was before the war.

now the iraqis, on the other hand...the war was great for them.

truthfully, i don't feel particularly bad about civilian casualties. as most polls (and common sense) will tell you, the iraqis are much better off today than they were with saddam. any invasion of this magnitude by any other (less sophisticated) military force would have produced far, far more civilian casualties. i'd also bet a barrel of cash that some of those bloodied children weren't even touched by american gunfire, but that's beside the point.

569762[/snapback]

Iraq hasn't been better off since the US invaded Iraq. Violence and deaths has increased. Do you know why you never hear the number of Iraqi casualties?

And those children were touched by american gunfire. And there is thousands more photos were that came from.

Asking for help from the UN after W so effectively shunned them, you can't be shocked the international community doesn't want to help the Americans with Sudan. Do I think it's a petty thing to do? Yes. But I believe what they've done is justified. You can't circumvent international authority and not expect a backlash when you ask those same people for help. Don't bite the hands that feed you.

Guest Moneyball

569690[/snapback]

Two wrongs don't make a right. :plain

569690[/snapback]

569697[/snapback]

569699[/snapback]

569725[/snapback]

569744[/snapback]

You don't want to me to list the amount of countries the US has invaded.

every country we have "invaded" was because they attacked us or for humanitarian purposes. remember this is the first war in which the united states invaded first.

Oh brother, here come the Neocons with their list of excuses and spin.

FOR GOD'S SAKE! Stop it! will you? I don't care what side you are on, death or 'casualties' are not acceptable! :mad :

Specially when they are inflicted for the wrong reasons. :mad :

569737[/snapback]

Clarify for me what your opinion on the war in Afghanistan is/was/isn't.

Asking for help from the UN after W so effectively shunned them, you can't be shocked the international community doesn't want to help the Americans with Sudan. Do I think it's a petty thing to do? Yes. But I believe what they've done is justified. You can't circumvent international authority and not expect a backlash when you ask those same people for help. Don't bite the hands that feed you.

570020[/snapback]

Bush "shunning" the UN is crap. The idea Kerry has peddled the concept that he can "rebuild" international consensus is also crap.

First of all, remember that we handheld the UN for OVER A DECADE while they him-hawed around with Iraq. Also, remember that the US bent over backwards with resolutions and economic stimulus offers to UN members in exchange for their vote. Doesn't anyone remember that alot of the countries opposed to the war originally were only against it in order to leverage their vote for some freebie the US could give them? Holding the last pre-war summit in Terciera, Azores is a good example of a freebie to an irrelevant UN country for their support.

And the UN is hardly the hand that feeds the US. At it's very best the UN is a syncophant for US policy around the wolrd 99 percent of the time. The UN needs the US to survive. The US doesn't need the UN.

As for Bush alienating the UN. Beleiving that the UN's diplomatic policy is guided by some type of personal dislike of Bush is preposterous. And likewise, believing that if Kerry were president the UN and individual countries would all fall into line just because he's president is just as ignorant.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.