Bonds gets tested for Roids

CardsJimEdmonds15

Bonds glad to be tested

Slugger says steroids test will clear his name

By Barry M. Bloom / MLB.com

Barry Bonds is having one of the best overall seasons in his 19-year career. (Matt York/AP)

SAN FRANCISCO -- Barry Bonds was randomly tested for steroids use under the auspices of the joint drug prevention program between Major League Baseball and the Players Association before Friday night's game against the Dodgers at SBC Park, the Giants slugger said.

The urinalysis test, which is accomplished in two parts over the course of five to seven days, is being administered to all players on the 40-man rosters of each Major League team this season.

"I'm glad this is finally happening," said Bonds, who hit his 702nd homer to lead off the second inning Friday night against Dodgers left-hander Odalis Perez and is now just 12 behind Babe Ruth (714) and 53 behind Hank Aaron (755) on the all-time list. "They'll get the results and it will clear my name. It'll show that there's nothing behind what I've been doing [on the field] all year."

[More in URL]

Well, how long would a steroid show up in the bloodstream? Obviously, if he had been taking steroids, with all the controversy.. I'd think he would've stopped some time ago.

571374[/snapback]

If he had stopped, there would be a huge dropoff in performance, at least for awhile. That sure as hell hasn't happened. That means:

1. He is still on steroids

2. He has never taken steroids

This test will reveal all, so all you Bonds bashers can shut the eff up when he's proven innocent

Well, how long would a steroid show up in the bloodstream? Obviously, if he had been taking steroids, with all the controversy.. I'd think he would've stopped some time ago.

571374[/snapback]

If he had stopped, there would be a huge dropoff in performance, at least for awhile. That sure as hell hasn't happened. That means:

This test will reveal all, so all you Bonds bashers can shut the eff up when he's proven innocent

571487[/snapback]

steroids dont help you hit the ball or take walks

imo he stopped taking the roids more than a year ago

571374[/snapback]

571487[/snapback]

steroids dont help you hit the ball or take walks

imo he stopped taking the roids more than a year ago

571537[/snapback]

Roids doesn't make you hit the ball or take walks. But Bonds has a good eye and when he catches that ball it is heading to the moon. I've always said, if JP ever would take roids, he would be like Bonds........ :lol , because they were similar in size when the first started off their career. :lol

who cares when he takes it as long as he did ...he is still hitting like he did 3 years ago,in fact i think he's even more dangerous now...knowone pitches to this man....and when they do...its a bomb...at least he was man enogh to be the first to step up....i dont see anyone else taking test..sosa,pujols,sheff,giambi....none of them have taken test

who cares when he takes it as long as he did ...he is still hitting like he did 3 years ago,in fact i think he's even more dangerous now...knowone pitches to this man....and when they do...its a bomb...at least he was man enogh to be the first to step up....i dont see anyone else taking test..sosa,pujols,sheff,giambi....none of them have taken test

571925[/snapback]

every player on the 40 man roster will be tested on every team

Before their was testing, everyone harped crying oh the players are getting away with too much, all we want is testing. Well you have testing and he was testing and yet people still won't let the man sleep.

He probably the did roids at one point but if he passes, then I'm done with accusations till something else came up. You wanted The MLB to test .

Jesus, probably a 5 man crew following him day and night to check if he uses wouldn't calm some of you.