Astrology

fishywishy

Do you believe in it or not?

I do. Why? I'd think it was ridiculous that our birth date could affect our personality so much, but it's been proven to me to be accurate time and time again. I think horoscopes/pretty much any type of predictions are bull (so vague) but the star signs ring true. I have a huge book called "The Secret Language of Birthdays" and it has a profile for every day of the year. It's so dead on, it's spooky. Very specific things were described.

I wear a nameplace necklace that says "Virgo" :)

Nahh.

Still lots of fun though.

575319[/snapback]

I agree on the just fun aspect.

Some people let it rule their life (who they date, when they do things). I couldn't do that. I had a calc professor who consulted Nancy Reagan's psychic in San Francisco on all of our test dates. I got an A on all of em. Works for me.

I do. Why? I'd think it was ridiculous that our birth date could affect our personality so much, but it's been proven to me to be accurate time and time again. I think horoscopes/pretty much any type of predictions are bull (so vague) but the star signs ring true. I have a huge book called "The Secret Language of Birthdays" and it has a profile for every day of the year. It's so dead on, it's spooky. Very specific things were described.

I wear a nameplace necklace that says "Virgo" :)

575317[/snapback]

Hmm...... what does ours say?

I'm a Taurus and I'm really stubborn, but outside of that, I dunno if I believe in it. Heh, if you can believe in something you can't see, feel, taste, etc. why not believe in something that you can at least see...

I do. Why? I'd think it was ridiculous that our birth date could affect our personality so much, but it's been proven to me to be accurate time and time again.

575317[/snapback]

ditto.

i'm a pretty skeptical guy, but i've seen so much stuff accurately described in eastern (or rather, non-mainstream) astrology dependent on birth date, time, and place that i think there really is some truth to it. on the other hand, i think most western astrology--particularly the sun sign crap that constitutes the american public's perception of astrology--is nonsense.

of course i sound like a kook to 90% of people when i get into this subject, so i usually don't even bother talking about it. most horoscopes are clearly such ridiculous, oft-debunked nonsense that it becomes very hard to shake most folks' cynical view of all astrology. it's just one of those things i've never found worth debating because of how indoctrinated and deep-rooted the public's perception of astrology is.

I think Astrology is cool!

Many people read the horoscope in the paper and think that it's astrology. It is really not. You have to go to a Astrologer to really get the real thing :) and it should be a certified one too

My sister does Astrology charts (birth charts). Which you need to know your birthdate.. time and place.

I also go to an Astrologer once in a while and the things she says are pretty freaky :o