2005 Payroll Projection - v1.0 "Staying The Same"

Guest Guest

Juan Pierre makes $3.5 next year before incentives kick in.

Alex Gonzalez is due $3.4M. (He collected $2.8 of his 2-year $6.2M deal this year)

Juan Encarnacion is due $4.5M, however the Dodgers sent $2M in the deal which we don't know when/how it will come or be spent.

Lenny Harris, if you comes back, will have to win his job out of spring training again. He could make .5M after incentive bonuses, but my hope is he retires before he can collect it.

Switch Lo Duca and Enc with JD Drew. Add Willy.

Also, no need to have Benitez and Mota back, especially with Spooney coming back. One of them will go. We can always pick up relief pitching at the line like we have the last two years. Use that money on a quality starter.

581025[/snapback]

I agree with you except do you mean bring back either Benitez or Mota but not both or do you mean don't bring back either?

I say bring back Benitez and let Mota go. I agree with you on Lo Duca but it sounds to me that the FO really wants to keep him.

Switch Lo Duca and Enc with JD Drew.? Add Willy.

Also, no need to have Benitez and Mota back, especially with Spooney coming back.? One of them will go.? We can always pick up relief pitching at the? ? line like we have the last two years.? Use that money on a quality starter.

581025[/snapback]

I agree with you except do you mean bring back either Benitez or Mota but not both or do you mean don't bring back either?

I say bring back Benitez and let Mota go. I agree with you on Lo Duca but it sounds to me that the FO really wants to keep him.

581033[/snapback]

sorry, I meant only 1 of them should return.

Switch Lo Duca and Enc with JD Drew.? Add Willy.

Also, no need to have Benitez and Mota back, especially with Spooney coming back.? One of them will go.? We can always pick up relief pitching at the? ? line like we have the last two years.? Use that money on a quality starter.

581025[/snapback]

581033[/snapback]

I don't understand the love affair with Lo Duca. He was pretty much non-existant with the bat in September. He put up just average numbers the rest of the year, and really didn't impress me at all behind the plate.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.