Would you trade a big star or two for...

Teal Shadow

a stadium? that will be the million dollar or billion dollar question. Loria is really stuck between a rock and a hard place. Keep the team together or slash payroll to put more into the pot to get the stadium deal done? I mention this because its a question that will come up. One the team doesn't have the prospects to replace those that walk because of money. It just doesn't have the money to compete on the open market and put money into the stadium deal. That's why a player like Lowell or Castillo would bring back a young starter and a young bat. Plus it would save the team money to put into a stadium overrun. Remember the team has one more year with those Hampton/Pudge contracts.

The stadium funding is a MUST. Remember players will come and go...but a new home is a MUST

I vehemently disagree.

With a "talent purge," no matter what the justification, Loria would be best off simply folding.

If we're competitive, we'll be able to fill whatever stadium we're in, but with no competitive team, we'd hemmorage cash for the forseeable future and alienate any of the fans we've made back in the past year.

Bad idea.

I vehemently disagree.

With a "talent purge," no matter what the justification, Loria would be best off simply folding.

If we're competitive, we'll be able to fill whatever stadium we're in, but with no competitive team, we'd hemmorage cash for the forseeable future and alienate any of the fans we've made back in the past year.

Bad idea.

580970[/snapback]

Attendance doesn't matters. Without bigger shares of stadium revenue the Marlins will be hemmoraging money anyway.

Guest marlins02

i dont want to go back to losing but i agree. i was thinking about this the other day, the farm system is spent, we're on the verge losing some key members for nothing and the team might have to throw more money in for the stadium. it might be time to dump some salary, and try to restock the farm. some sacrifices have to be made to keep this team here.

the problem of course is that if they start getting rid of salaries, the fickle miami public will quickly turn against this team again and be pissed off at a stadium being built for a "loser".

Honestly I would not mind if Mike Lowell were traded or Luis Castillo for that matter(If Easley stayed). Plus if you don't trade Lowell and can't afford the new stadium. What's it going to matter if Mike Lowell is in a Marlin uniform, but not with Florida on the front, but Las Vegas. If it takes trading Mike Lowell to get a stadium, I would do it in a heartbeat. Plus what this would bring back would do is help replenish the farm system.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.