Good News and Bad News on Lowell.

sheff#1

Good news is he was on with hank goldberg today talking about his situation and the FO has convinced him that they are still trying to get back to the team they were when they made the trades last year. hes saying from what he has heard from the FO that the stadium deal is looking very good and he likes his chances of staying next year.BAD NEWS,you fools who play along with the news and updates who said we dont need lowell,hes not worth his money,he always slumps,will get back to wanting him once he decides to stay.

601580[/snapback]

Id rather he was moved...

imo, it would best help the team

I agree that shipping out Lowell's $8M in place of Miggy is a good thing for the baseball side of things for this team, but for PR it would be hard to keep this ship afloat. Then again, the attendance figures arent exactly soaring AFTER we won the WS anyway. So, it may not hurt all that much.

The bigger question is, would the FO use that money to sign a LF for this upcoming season or keep that money around for future raises (like Migs, DTrain, Becks, Burnett, etc.).

Good news is he was on with hank goldberg today talking about his situation and the FO has convinced him that they are still trying to get back to the team they were when they made the trades last year. hes saying from what he has heard from the FO that the stadium deal is looking very good and he likes his chances of staying next year.BAD NEWS,you fools who play along with the news and updates who said we dont need lowell,hes not worth his money,he always slumps,will get back to wanting him once he decides to stay.

601580[/snapback]

Id rather he was moved...

imo, it would best help the team

602220[/snapback]

How do you figure? We would not be able to replace Lowell's production with $7.5 million freed up.

well, Cabs steps in at 3rd... nuff said there

with the freed up money we go out and get a solid bullpen arm and a Paul Wilson type starter(assuming Pavs leaves).... you may even have enough money afterwords to grab a nice shtick off the bench too

602254[/snapback]

So what Cabs steps in at 3rd? Cabs and Lowell were are 2 best hitters last year, and I'd rather have both of them than just 1 of them. We lose Lowell and don't be surprised if we are last in the league in homers by a bunch.

I'm sorry but, Mike Lowell > Paul Wilson and bullpen arm.

with the freed up money we go out and get a solid bullpen arm and a Paul Wilson type starter(assuming Pavs leaves).... you may even have enough money afterwords to grab a nice shtick off the bench too

602254[/snapback]

So what Cabs steps in at 3rd? Cabs and Lowell were are 2 best hitters last year, and I'd rather have both of them than just 1 of them. We lose Lowell and don't be surprised if we are last in the league in homers by a bunch.

602312[/snapback]

True. But you can go out and get a good hitter on the FA market too. So, Wilson, a bullpen arm, and a strong LFer could be a greater acquisition than Lowell. And you still could save money.

But if we lose Lowell (and we wont), I would rather us get something back in a trade.

602254[/snapback]

602312[/snapback]

So, Wilson, a bullpen arm, and a strong LFer could be a greater acquisition than Lowell.

602318[/snapback]

Yeah try getting that for $7.5 million. Hell, try getting that for less than $9 million.