Should the marlins get in involve in the NY deal??

Teal Shadow

Javier Vazquez appears doesn't want to go to LA according AP Should the Marlins get involve offering up Juan(with Juan ending up in Colorado in a seperate move)/AJ for Vazquez and Edwin Jackson? Just thought?

640268[/snapback]

Are you saying we can get Vazquez and Jackson for AJ and Encarnacion? What about the money factor? We can't afford Vazquez straight up.

Javier Vazquez appears doesn't want to go to LA according AP Should the Marlins get involve offering up Juan(with Juan ending up in Colorado in a seperate move)/AJ for Vazquez and Edwin Jackson? Just thought?

640268[/snapback]

Are you saying we can get Vazquez and Jackson for AJ and Encarnacion? What about the money factor? We can't afford Vazquez straight up.

640278[/snapback]

Who would the Yankees and/or Yankees be sending to LA for Jackson?

Henry (Bay area): Do you think the Yankees will get Randy? If so, who would the "third team" be?

SportsNation Scott Ridge: (2:14 PM ET ) I do think he'll end up in the Bronx. Everyone says the White Sox, but I have a feeling Florida could get involved. The Marlins might opt for Vazquez and be inclined to trade Burnett, who had some run-ins last year with their pitching coach.

-from Today's chat on ESPN

Not Like Scott Ridge is the authority, but this seems to be a prevailing trend among sportswriters. The Marlins have the young pitching other teams crave.

i think they should and it should be like this

FLA Gets

Vazquez

NYY

Johnson

Ari

Burnett

ENC

Stokes

And NYY pay ENC contract and most of Vazquez (dont forget they realy want RJ)

After we get rid of ENC horrible contract we can go after Perez or Milton and have money for a hitter

Vazquez

Lieter

Beckett

Willis

Perez or Milton

Mota

Alfonseca

Sponny

Jones

Readling

Lefty

Pierre

Castillo

Loduca

Cabs

Lowell

Connie

FA

Sea Bass

Thats a pretty good team

I would definetly take Vazquez for AJ. And Vazquez would welcome playing in Miami. Here's why:

Vazquez, a native of Puerto Rico, considered the West Coast to be too far away from his home.

From Newsday.

I have had this argument before, but Latin ballplayers seem to be more comfortable being closer to their native homes (exception, Vlad, which seemed to shock a lot of people).

If we were included in that deal, there would have to be some cash thrown in for us to handle Vaz's contract. Other than that, I say trade AJ if you can because I have a feeling he is not going to want to stay with us.

I got the impression from AJ's comments the other day that he was trying to smooth things over about the way some of his flippant comments were taken in South Florida.

I think all the Marlins need is to see AJ come to spring training healthy and there will be an extension/multi-year deal on the table for him to stay with the team for the forseeable future. It might even happen sooner.

The idea of trading him for Vazquez doesn't do alot for me even if it were a way to free up $$$ by including Encarnacion. I sure would like to use those $4.5 million towards starting pitching but not at the expense of losing Burnett.

I would definetly take Vazquez for AJ.? And Vazquez would welcome playing in Miami.? Here's why:

Vazquez, a native of Puerto Rico, considered the West Coast to be too far away from his home.

From Newsday.

I have had this argument before, but Latin ballplayers seem to be more comfortable being closer to their native homes (exception, Vlad, which seemed to shock a lot of people).

If we were included in that deal, there would have to be some cash thrown in for us to handle Vaz's contract. Other than that, I say trade AJ if you can because I have a feeling he is not going to want to stay with us.

641420[/snapback]

I dont want to trade burnett ether but think about it for a minute

1.Will his arm hold up?

2.Is there realy a chance of resigning this guy?

this is a perfect oportunity to get rid of ENC and not lose AJ for nothing, and for all of you that think Vazquez sucks remeber a guy named Benitez and what he did down here

I think all the Marlins need is to see AJ come to spring training healthy and there will be an extension/multi-year deal on the table for him to stay with the team for the forseeable future. It might even happen sooner.

641424[/snapback]

I hope so